become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geology/Tectonics
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Tectonics
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Plate Movements
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Structural Geology
Science: Earth Sciences: Geophysics
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology
This category in other languages:
An Introduction to Plate Tectonics
- Plates movements. The theories that scientists have used to explain these movements.
Applied Paleomagnetics, Inc.
- Offering Paleomagnetic core orientation and paleomagnetic services including paleomagnetic fracture orientation, fracture studies in fractured reservoirs, and paleomagnetic orientation of in-situ stress.
Broadband Seisimic Data Collection Center
- Real time seismic data for view or download from the Anza network in Southern California.
Cecil and Ida Green Piñon Flat Observatory
- Set up to measure crustal deformation in a tectonically active area, improve estimates of the earthquake hazard in southern California, and serve as a testing ground for new geophysical instrumentation.
Continental Drift and Plate Tectonics
- Diagrams of tectonics of the North Pacific and the west coast of North America.
Earth Floor: Plate Tectonics
- Full and clear information about Plate Tectonics: Convergent Boundaries, Divergent Boundaries, Transform Boundaries.
GPS Time Series
- Measurements made with the Global Positioning System are sensitive enough to detect motion of the Earth's tectonic plates.
- Information from the British Geological Survey.
- NSF funded program which tries to understand the complex interplay of processes that govern the evolution of continental margins by a multidisciplinary approach, including seismicity and subduction processes.
- Plate model and database allow users to make reconstructions from 750 Ma to present. From the University of Texas Institute for Geophysics.
Patrice Rey's Teaching Portfolio
- Resources for students in geology and geophysics, including lectures notes, slide show and virtual field trips. Topics include structural geology, tectonics, and geology of granite.
Peter Bird's Programs for Tectonic Modeling
- Tectonic modeling with finite elements: programs, publications, figures, and abstracts by Peter Bird of UCLA.
Plate Tectonic Evolution of the Cocos-Nazca Spreading Center
- This article is about Plate Tectonic Evolution written by Martin Meschede and Udo Barckhausen. [PDF]
- Archive of articles and graphical data related to plate tectonics.
- This site provides useful information about tectonics: the origin of plate tectonics, indications of tectonic activity, age of the sea floor.
Plate Tectonics Animation
- Interesting animations of plate tectonics movement. Including gif, avi and mov formats.
Plate Tectonics and Climate
- Dorian J. Burnette writes about how continental movement plate tectonics have a profound impact on the climate of the Earth.
Plate Tectonics: Moving and Shaking
- Article from the National Geographic describing the three types of tectonic boundaries.
Puzzles Of The Earth
- Teaches the theory of plate tectonics.
Study of the Recent Structural Evolution of Continental Basins in Altai-Sayan
- PhD thesis on the active tectonics of Northeast Altai in central Asia focusing on structural geology, paleostress analysis, seismics and radon gas geochemistry.
Tectonic Forces: by Robert Maurer
- This is the origin and mechanics of the forces responsible for tectonic plate movements.
- Tectonics contains original scientific contributions in analytical, synthetic, and integrative tectonics. Papers are restricted to the structure and evolution of the terrestrial lithosphere with dominant emphasis on the continents.
- Dr. Peter Langdon Ward has made a detailed analysis of the geology of western North America in relation to the motion of plates in the eastern Pacific Ocean. He also discusses earthquakes and global climate change.
The Ground Beneath
- Plate tectonics theory. Drifting continents. Plates on the move.
This Dynamic Earth
- View of the planet Earth from the USGS.
WEEK 3 SUMMARY: MOUNTAIN GEOGRAPHY
- Lectures on Plate Tectonics by Mark W. Williams (University of Colorado at Boulder).
- Tectonic Evolution of the Atlas Mountains, North Africa. Research page with links to related resources.
Wikipedia: Plate Tectonics
- Plate tectonics. Types of plate boundaries. Sources of plate motion.
World Stress Map Project
- Database containing information on the contemporary tectonic stress state (e.g. orientation and magnitude) in the Earth's crust. Users can request customized stress maps for selected regions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 6:44:38 AM EST -