become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Collectors_and_Amateur_Interests
Rocks and Minerals
Collectors and Amateur Interests
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Minerals: Dealers
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Rockhounding
This category in other languages:
Ada Gem, Mineral and Fossil Club
- Group in Ada, Oklahoma for people interested with a general and scientific interest in rocks, minerals and fossils.
Amateur Geologists' Web-Ring
- For people interested in rocks, minerals or fossils and geological societies and clubs which provide lectures, field trips or publications.
Australian Lapidary Clubs
- Directory of Australian lapidary clubs and gem shows. Includes a library, gallery, articles and videos.
Calaveras Gem & Mineral Society
- This Angels Camp, CA club shares knowledge and interests in rocks and minerals with monthly meetings, a lapadairy store, and an annual show.
Calgary Rock and Lapidary Club
- Non-profit organization of rockhounds interested in all aspects of the earth sciences including such areas as lapidary, collecting, gems, minerals, fossils, crystals, geology, paleontology and gemology.
Charlotte Gem and Mineral Club
- The club's purpose is to foster interest in, and promote knowledge of minerals, gems, fossils, and all earth sciences, and disseminate info and instruction in the lapidary arts, and the utilization of precious metals in crafts.
Chicago Rocks & Minerals Society (CRMS)
- Information on faceting, gems, crystals, rocks, minerals, lapidary arts, fossils, and related club activities in the Midwest U.S.
Contra Costa Mineral & Gem Society
- Located east of the San Francisco bay area, in Concord CA, the club has an annual mineral and gem show, monthly meetings, and field trips.
Dallas Gem and Mineral Society
- A non-profit organization dedicated to continuing education in all of the earth sciences, with activities in rockhounding,lapidary arts and jewelry making.
Del Air Rockhounds Club, Inc.
- A lapidary arts, paleontology, geology and jewelry making club in the San Fernando Valley. Online field trip reports, gem fair information and educational materials.
El Dorado County Mineral and Gem Society
- This society located in Placerville, California was founded in January 1949 to learn about and share interests in rocks, minerals, fossils, earth sciences, and the lapidary arts, with monthly meetings, a junior program, field trips, lapidary classes, and an annual rock and gem show and hosts the county fair mineral displays.
Fallbrook Gem and Mineral Society
- Based in Fallbrook, California. Features events calendar and descriptions of meetings.
Farnham Geological Society
- Background and aims of the Society, lists lecture programmes and gives details of field trips, based Farnham, Surrey, UK.
The Finnish Gem Hobbyists' Society
- The Helsinki Finland society provides information on rocks and minerals to its members, to further stone polishing skills, and to provide a forum for the exchange of views.
Flatirons Mineral Club
- A non-profit organization located in Boulder, Colorado. Fostering interest and education in earth sciences and associated hobbies.
Fort Worth Gem and Mineral Club
- Aims to encourage the study of geology, mineralogy and the lapidary arts and stimulate interest in the collecting of minerals and fossils. Includes details of classes, meetings, membership and the annual show.
Gem, Lapidary & Mineral Society of Montgomery County, MD
- A non-profit educational organization. Aims to increase knowledge and popular interest in earth sciences, geology, mineralogy, paleontology, lapidary arts and related subjects.
Houston Gem and Mineral Society
- Organization of rockhounds, fossil collectors, and those interested in the lapidary arts.
The Lapidary Society of British Columbia
- A non-profit organization to encourage and promote the hobby of lapidary. Club Directory, gem and mineral shows, field trips, and other activities of member clubs.
Lawrence County Rock Club
- Located in Bedford, Indiana, USA. Provides information on the club's aims, membership, meetings, gem shows, the newsletter and dealer information.
Livermore Valley Lithophiles Gem and Mineral Society
- "Lithophiles" are rock lovers and this club serves the Livermore California area with monthly meetings, field trips, educational programs, and an annual show "Lithorama".
Middle Tennessee Rockhounds
- Group of individuals who share common interests in collecting and working with gems, minerals, jewelry, geology, and fossils.
Mineral and Gem Society of Castro Valley
- This California society was established since 1945 to exchange information, teach others, promote field trips, and to provide a club workshop for the lapidary arts.
Montreal Gem and Mineral Club
- Non-profit organization with workshops, field trips, shows and related links.
North Jeffco Gem and Mineral Club, Arvada, Colorado
- Purpose is to promote the Earth Sciences through programs at our monthly meetings. Members enjoy rockhounding (rocks, minerals and fossils).
Olympic Rock Clubs
- Information on active gem, mineral, and jewellery making clubs in Western Washington, USA.
Oregon Gold Hunters
- Forum for discussing gold prospecting in Oregon, mining, metal detecting and rock hounding. Includes locations, advice, photos and classifieds.
Pebblepup: The Rock Hound Experience
- John Merritt shares stories related to the hobby of rock hounding, provide information useful to rock hounds and offers cabachons and other specimens and supplies.
San Francisco Gem and Mineral Society
- This California society has monthly meetings, and a newsletter to promote the lapidary arts.
Santa Clara Valley Gem and Mineral Society
- This club centered in the south end of the San Francisco bay, features online copies of monthly newsletters, that highlight the monthly meetings, speakers, field trips, study groups, and a yearly "Rock and Gem" show.
Santa Cruz Mineral and Gem Society
- This California society was organized 1949, to promote the study and collecting of minerals and gemstones, with monthly meetings, a newsletter, field trips, a rock shop, and an annual show.
Sedona/Oak Creek Rock Club
- A gem and mineral club with field trips, lapidary, and rockhounding.
Sierra Pelona Rock Club
- Home page of the Sierra Pelona Rock Club, Santa Clarita's Club for Rockhounds. Local events, Rock collecting sites, field trips, Gems and Minerals
South Bay Lapidary and Mineral Society
- The Torrance, California society with monthly meetings and field trips for rockhounds, lapidary enthusiasts, and those interested in geology.
Southern Maryland Rock and Mineral Club
- Promotes the interest and appreciation of rocks, minerals, gems, fossils and the lapidary arts. Includes information on the club, the newsletter, field trips, gem cutting and jewelry classes, and the annual show.
Tuscarora Lapidary Society's Gemarama
- Tuscarora Lapidary Society, a club outside of Philadelphia, PA offers classes in the lapidary skills. The club also hosts a large annual gem show with exhibits, dealers, and demonstrations.
United States Faceters Guild
- Focuses on the art and skill of faceting gemstones for all skill levels.
United States Faceters Guild Discussion Group
- Hosts discussions pertaining to gemstone faceting and design.
Victoria Lapidary and Mineral Society
- Official web site of the VLMS (British Columbia, Canada). Club information, activities and events.
Collectors and Amateur Interests
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2015 at 11:54:51 UTC -