become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rocks_and_Minerals/Organizations
Rocks and Minerals
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Organizations
Collectors and Amateur Interests
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Academy of Mineralogy
- Hopes to gather enthusiasts of minerals, fossils and gemstones.
American Federation of Mineralogical Societies
- Composed of seven similar regional organizations of gem, mineral, and lapidary societies.
California Federation of Mineralogical Societies Members
- Contact details for the Societies' Rock Clubs.
Clay Minerals Society
- Concerned with the study of clays. Member information, publications, meetings and source materials for sale.
Columbia-Willamette Faceters Guild
- A nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of the art of faceting gemstones. Beginning and advanced Gem Faceting classes offered.
Eastern Federation of Mineralogical & Lapidary Societies
- Official site - for information on upcoming events and other announcements.
El Paso Mineral and Gem Society
- Society of people with an interest in minerals and other geological materials. Holds monthly field trips to study, collect, display and fashion what is found.
Fluorescent Mineral Society
- "A nonprofit international organization of professional mineralogists, gemologists, amateur collectors, and others who study or collect fluorescent minerals."
GemAddicts, A Gemological Community for Consumers, Collectors, and Professionals
- Aims to help consumers, collectors, and professionals with gemstones, gemology, lapidary and jewelry questions. Includes a list of safe and unsafe vendors.
Gems, Minerals & Fossils
- WebRing of sites that have to do with anything about gems, minerals or fossils.
Georgia Mineral Society, Inc.
- Georgia's Oldest Gem and Mineral Society - Founded in 1935. A volunteer organization dedicated to educating the youth of the state and the members of this Society in the field of Earth Sciences.
International Gem Society
- Dedicated to bringing quality information and educational services to everyone interested in gemstones.
- Association of clubs for lapidary enthusiasts interested in collecting gemstones, minerals, fossils, faceting, jewelry making, metal detecting, buying, selling and trading gemstones and minerals worldwide.
- Society for the advancement of mineralogy and its application to crystallography, geochemistry, petrology, environmental science and economic geology through support of meetings and publication of books, journals and monographs.
Mineralogical Society of Arizona
- Society aimed at promoting popular interest in the various earth sciences, and particularly the fields of geology, lapidary, mineralogy and paleontology.
- Information on mineral exploration, mining, production and trade from the British Geological Survey Minerals Group.
Northwest Federation of Mineralogical Societies
- Rockhound Association
Northwest Opal Association
- Society of people interested in opals, based in Tukwila, Washington.
Southeast Federation of Mineralogical Societies Inc.
- Established in 1976 to bring about a closer association of Clubs and Societies devoted to the study of Earth Sciences and the practice of Lapidary Arts and Crafts in the Southeast part of the United States.
Sydney Mineral Exploration Discussion Group
- Notices of meetings and events of interest to geoscientists and those involved in mineral exploration. Links to related Australian and international sites
The Ventura Gem & Mineral Society, Inc.
- Sponsors of the California Federation of Minerological Societies (CFMS) 1997 Show.
WA Department of Natural Resources
- DNR manages more than 5 million acres of state-owned lands including forests, agricultural lands and submerged aquatic lands.
Washington State Mineral Council
- organization dedicated to the location and conservation of rock and mineral sites of interest to the rockhounds of Washington state.
Willamette Agate & Mineral Society, Inc. (WAMS)
- Non-profit organization to stimulate interest in the study and collection of agates, minerals, gems and fossils, and support lapidary work, education, scientific study of natural earth sciences.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, December 11, 2009 7:41:56 AM EST -