become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rocks_and_Minerals/Non-Metallic_Deposits
Rocks and Minerals
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Non-Metallic Deposits
Science: Technology: Energy: Fossil Fuel: Coal
Science: Technology: Mining
Geology and History of Coal in Nova Scotia
- Information circular from the Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources.
- Europe's largest independently owned kaolin producer, based in Goonvean Cornwall England UK.
Gypsum and Anhydrite in Nova Scotia
- Provincial government information circular on the Nova Scotia occurrence, mining history, and uses of these minerals.
Peat Moss in Nova Scotia
- Peat is the partially decomposed remains of plants and animals which have accumulated in oxygen poor freshwater environments over the past 11 000-13 000 years. Peat is mined for horticultural purposes, and is also used in distillation, yeast cultivation, as an energy source, and in manufacture of ferrosilicons.
- Information and photographs of agates from a number of localities provided by David G. Anderson.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 6:00:09 PM EST -