become an editor
the entire directory
only in Rocks_and_Minerals/Metallic_Deposits
Rocks and Minerals
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Metallic Deposits
Business: Mining and Drilling: Mineral Exploration and Extraction: Base Metals
Business: Mining and Drilling: Mineral Exploration and Extraction: Precious Metals
Science: Chemistry: Elements: Metals
Science: Technology: Metallurgy
Association for Mineral Exploration British Columbia : Mineral Exploration Primer Introduction
- Covers types of metallic ore deposits, exploration methods, sampling and assaying, and methods of mining.
Current World Mining and Development Projects
- Information on metallic and nonmetallic mining projects around the world, from exploration to recovery and processing. Featured projects include Bingham Canyon, Carlin Trend, Minera Yanacocha and Robinson.
Metalliferous Environments of Nova Scotia - Base Metals
- Paper by James M. Patterson (1993) describes the geologic occurrence and extraction history of metallic ore deposits in Nova Scotia, Canada. These include volcanogenic, carbonate-hosted, and sandstone-hosted deposits plus deposits associated with granite intrusions.
NATI Research Ltd.
- About mineralogy of noble metals and highly sensitive techniques for measuring mineralogy of noble metals: metrological maintenance, "ppm-mineralogy" techniques, platinum group minerals and gold in rocks, ores, benefaction products and waste tailings.
- Detailed lecture notes from David Jessey's course at Cal State Pomona. Topics include morphology, ore textures, geothermometry, theories of genesis, ore deposit classification, and various specific types of deposits.
- Assayer services for gold, silver, and other metals, primarily for mineral prospecting and exploration.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 9, 2013 11:24:04 AM EST -