become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geology/Regional
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Regional
Rock and Mineral Localities
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Organizations: Government Geological Surveys
This category in other languages:
Central Wales Ore Minerals
- A virtual atlas from an ore-petrologist studying the Central Wales polymetallic vein mineralisation.
Christof Kuhn's Geology Page
- Offers extensive information about the geology of the Austrian Alps, plus information about the etymology of mineral and rock names.
Cornwall RIGS Group
- Features British Geological Survey geological map of Cornwall, along with publications article extracts and pictorial gallery of geological features and processes.
Desert Environment, Minerals & Geology - DesertUSA
- About the geology of the North America deserts, including the formations, rocks, gems and minerals found there.
Early Cretaceous Tethyan Stratigraphy
- The broad objective is to build up a detailed knowledge of the Early Cretaceous stratigraphy in the Tethyan realm. The approach will be systematic through the integration of basin reference sections, basin or platform control sections, biostratigraphic data, and sequence stratigraphy.
Geologic Map of the United States
- 1:2,500,000 scale map viewable in Google Earth. Also provides aeronautical charts and historic topographic maps.
Geology Adirondacks Wyoming White Sands
- Pictures and descriptions of geology field trips to various places around the United States.
Geology by Lightplane
- Louis Maher's air photos of landforms and geologic features of several parts of the U.S., taken from a small aircraft in 1966.
Geology of India
- Provides an introduction to Indian geology, with a geological survey map.
The Geology of Virginia
- The geology of Virginia by province: descriptions, diagrams, maps, photographs, and geologic history of the Appalachian Plateau, Valley and Ridge, Blue Ridge, Piedmont, and Atlantic Coastal Plain geologic provinces.
Geology of Zanskar
- Extensive information about the teconic and metamorphic evolution of the Central Himalayan Domain in Zanskar (Kashmir, India). Also contains information on historical and cultural aspects of the region.
Grand Canyon 3-D Tour
- Three-dimensional geologic tour of the Grand Canyon with computer generated aerial pictures every 4 miles for the entire canyon used to illustrate the geologic narrative.
The Landforms and Geology of Japan
- Descriptions and maps of the country's major geologic and tectonic features, with more detailed discussions of the characteristics of specific regions.
Mono Lake: Great Basin Edge
- Information on Mono Lake, California. Includes volcanic history, formation of tufa, and other information on the lake and its environs.
North Africa GeoNet
- Internet platform for the exchange of ideas and information about geology, research and exploration in North Africa.
- The Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries. News and information about state geology, gems and minerals, earthquakes and other natural hazards, energy resources, cartography, and related topics.
Tibet: A Virtual Field Trip
- A virtual geological field trip (1996) along the eastern margin and across the Tibetan Plateau. Also includes information about culture and politics.
USGS National Geologic Map Database
- Searchable catalog of paper and digital geologic maps, mostly for the U.S. Maps and related data cover: geology, hazards, earth resources, geophysics, geochemistry, geochronology, paleontology, and marine geology.
A Virtual Field Trip of the Landscapes of Nova Scotia
- Covers the geology and landforms of this Canadian province.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:54:08 AM EDT -