become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Government Geological Surveys
Regional: North America: United States: Government
Regional: North America: United States: Science and Environment
Science: Organizations: Regional: North America: United States
United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- Scientific agency for natural sciences, including earth science and biology. Extensive information on U.S. water, biological, energy, and mineral resources, USGS programs, and natural disasters and hazards.
Alabama Geological Survey
- Data gathering and research agency that explores and evaluates the mineral, water, energy, biological, and other natural resources of the State of Alabama and conducts basic and applied research in these fields as a public service to citizens of the State of Alabama.
Alaska Division of Geological & Geophysical Surveys (DGGS)
- Focusing on Minerals and Energy, Engineering Geology, Geologic Communications and Geologic Materials.
Arizona Geological Survey
- Provides impartial information to assist those responsible for prudently managing Arizona's land, water, mineral, and energy resources and to enhance understanding of the State's geologic heritage.
Arkansas Geological Survey
- Provides geological information, educational material, maps, and other geological services for the State of Arkansas.
California Geological Survey
- Information on the state's geology, mineral resources, and geologic hazards.
Connecticut Geological and Natural History Survey
- Provides information about Connecticut's environment and natural resources, and the conditions and processes that influence those resources.
Delaware Geological Survey
- Provides systematic investigation of the geology and physiographic features of Delaware, including exploration and research pertaining to the water, mineral, and other earth resources and preparation of reports and maps.
Florida Geological Survey
- Provides research, data and necessary institutional memory to support the need for geology-related information for the State of Florida.
Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources
- Agency dedicated to preserving Hawaii's natural and historical resources for the benefit of future generations.
Idaho Geological Survey
- Serving the state of Idaho through geologic research, earth science education, data collection, and publication.
Indiana Geological Survey
- Provides services that contribute to the wise stewardship of Indiana's energy, mineral, and ground-water resources
Kansas Geological Survey
- Aims to conduct geological studies and research and to collect and provide information leading to a better understanding of the geology of Kansas, with special emphasis on natural resources of economic value, water quality and quantity, and geologic hazards.
Kentucky Geological Survey
- State-mandated organization whose mission is the collection, preservation, and dissemination of information about mineral and water resources and the geology of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Maine Natural Resources Information and Mapping Center
- Geologists, biologists, ecologists, information specialists, and administrators committed to public service by gathering, analyzing, and disseminating unbiased information on Maine's natural resources.
Maryland Geological Survey
- A state government organization which studies the physical environment for the State of Maryland. Sub-units concentrate in coastal geology, hydrology, and environmental geology.
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality
- Agency dedicated to conservation and protection of natural resources including fossil fuels, minerals and ground water; and to the identification, development and dissemination of geological information.
Minnesota Geological Survey
- Outreach center for the science and technology of earth resources in Minnesota, conducts basic and applied earth science research, conveys that information to the public through publications and service activities, and promotes earth science education.
Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Provides assistance, education and guidance in the use and protection of Missouri's natural resources.
Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology
- Site topics include mineral museum, earthquake studies, environmental assessment, groundwater, GIS, and bureau publications.
Nevada Bureau of Mines and Geology
- Conducts research and publishes reports on mineral resources, engineering geology, environmental geology, hydrogeology, and geologic mapping.
New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services
- The mission is to protect, maintain and enhance environmental quality and public health in New Hampshire.
New Jersey Geological Survey
- Mission of the Survey is to map, research, interpret and provide scientific information regarding New Jersey's geology and ground water resources.
New Mexico Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources
- Agency that serves as the geological survey for the State of New Mexico.
New York State Geological Survey
- The oldest state survey in North America, established 1836.
North Carolina Geological Survey
- Provides information about the natural resources of the state of North Carolina.
North Dakota Geological Survey
- Investigates the geology of North Dakota; administers regulatory programs and advises other state agencies; and provides public service and information to the people of North Dakota.
Ohio Geological Survey
- The geologic maps, reports, and data files developed by the Division can be used by individuals, educators, industry, businesses, and government.
Oklahoma Geological Survey
- The Survey's mandate is to study Oklahoma's geology, prepare and distribute reports, and promote wise use of the State's natural resources.
Pennsylvania Geological Survey
- Provides information on the Commonwealth's geology, geologic resources, and topography in order to contribute to the understanding, wise use, and conservation of its land and included resources.
South Dakota Geological Survey
- Conducts geologic and hydrologic studies and research; collects, interprets, and disseminates information on geology and hydrology of the state. Special emphasis on ground-water quantity/quality and other natural resources of economic value.
State Geological Surveys and Related Agencies
- Annotated listing, with Internet links, maintained by the California state survey.
Texas Bureau of Economic Geology
- The state geological survey of Texas. Site describes Bureau geologic research initiatives, offers online ordering of geological publications, and provides links to other geoscience resources.
Utah Geological Survey
- UGS's mission is to make Utah richer and safer by generating, interpreting, preserving, and distributing geologic information.
Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy
- Information about Virginia's mineral resources.
Washington Division of Geology and Earth Resources
- The Washington State Geological Survey provides publications and information on a variety of geologic subjects.
West Virginia Geological & Economic Survey
- WV geology, geoscience education, products and services, summary data and statistics, and resources.
Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
- Conducts research and provides objective scientific information about the geology, mineral resources, water resources, soil, climate, and biology of Wisconsin.
Wyoming State Geological Survey
- Provide information, advice, and services related to the geology, mineral resources, and physical features of the State.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 21, 2015 at 11:45:45 UTC -