become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geology/Organizations
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Organizations
Government Geological Surveys
Rocks and Minerals
Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
Society: Organizations: Student: Academic: Honor Societies: Sigma Gamma Epsilon
This category in other languages:
Aberdeen Geological Society
- Informal group with organises a series of lectures aimed at amateur and professional geologists. Also information about field trips and geological field guides.
Alaska Geological Society
- An association that supports and promotes geology in the state through scholarship, education, science fairs, field trips, a newsletter and monthly luncheons.
American Geological Institute (AGI)
- A nonprofit federation of 32 geoscientific and professional associations that represent geologists, geophysicists, and other earth scientists. Information services to geoscientists, geoscience education, and strives to increase public awareness of the role the geosciences play in mankind's use of resources and interaction with the environment.
American Institute of Professional Geologists in Texas (AIPG-TX)
- Texas section of the American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG). Representing geologists in Texas, U.S., and overseas.
Ark-La-Tex Gem and Mineral Society
- Information about the societies annual show, club meetings and local learning opportunities. Archive copies of a monthly magazine the 'Rock Rattler'.
BCGS Black Country Geological Scociety
- Society meets on a regular basis in Dudley UK, for local geology and lectures.
Buffalo Association of Professional Geologists, Inc.
- The BAPG was promotes the geological sciences in Western New York.
Calgary Mineral Exploration Group Society
- The Society endeavours to promote public understanding of the Earth Sciences and the business interests of its members; Alberta, Canada.
- A GeoInformatics project involving individuals, groups, and organizations to create a dynamic framework for Earth history research.
Craven & Pendle Geological Society
- An amateur society based in north west England. Particularly concerned with Carboniferous geology and the Crinoidea.
Dallas Geological Society
- A constituent member of the Southwest Section of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists. It aims to advance the professional interests of all geoscientists in the Dallas area.
East Texas Geological Society
- Society for the education and networking of Oil/Gas Professionals and Geologists and Geophysicists.
Essex Rock and Mineral Society
- Amateur geological society with field trip reports, lecture programme, events calendar and articles.
Geological Association of Canada
- A national geoscience society, publisher and distributor of geoscience books and journals, including Geoscience Canada, GEOLOG, Geotext and Palaeontographica Canadiana.
The Geological Society of America
- Advancing the geosciences, enhancing the professional growth of its members, and promoting the geosciences in the service of humankind.
Geological Society of Malaysia
- Promotes the advancement of earth sciences in Malaysia and South East Asia.
Houston Geological Society
- Provides information on activities and events, publications, membership, groups, education and jobs.
Hull Geological Society
- UK society which publishes "Humberside Geologist." Membership information and schedule of events.
International Association for Mathematical Geology (IAMG)
- To promote international cooperation in the application and use of mathematics in geological research and technology.
International Association for Obsidian Studies
- Information on the major interest areas of the IAOS including obsidian hydration dating, obsidian characterization, geoarchaeological obsidian studies, obsidian and lithic technology and the prehistoric procurement and utilization of obsidian.
International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS)
- Non-governmental scientific organization which promotes and supports the study of geological problems of world-wide significance, and facilitates international and interdisciplinary cooperation in the earth sciences.
Irish Association of Economic Geology (IAEG)
- Professional association for geoscientists in Ireland. Includes membership information, position openings, events announcements, and publications.
Leeds Geological Association
- The LGA, established 1874, holds monthly lecture and field meetings exploring aspects of the geology and scenery of Leeds, Yorkshire and beyond. Membership is open to all.
NAGT - National Association of Geoscience Teachers
- Professional society focused on the teaching of geosciences at all levels, including K-12 teachers, college and university faculty, and educators working with the general public.
Northwest Geological Society (NWGS)
- A regional geological association based in Seattle, Washington.
Oldham Geological Society
- Meeting times and contact details. (UK)
Society for Organic Petrology
- For scientists and engineers involved with coal petrology, kerogen petrology, organic geochemistry and related disciplines.
Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Extensive network of international petroleum engineers.
Tooele Gem and Mineral Society
- Dedicated to promote and educate amateur enthusiasts of gems, minerals, fossils and lapidary.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 12, 2013 at 13:35:07 UTC -