become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geomorphology/Impact_Craters
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Impact Craters
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Small Bodies: Near Earth Objects
Society: Future: Catastrophes: Large Near Earth Object Impacts
Earth Impact Database
- Crater names, location, size, and age. Background information, images, FAQ.
Astronomy Picture of the Day - Barringer Crater on Earth
- Aerial photograph.
Astronomy Picture of the Day - Impact: 65 Million Years Ago
- Computer rendering of Chicxulub crater, from gravity and magnetic field data.
Astronomy Picture of the Day - Manicouagan Impact Crater on Earth
- Image taken from space shuttle Columbia in 1983.
The Chiemgau impact
- Geographic, geologic, geophysical, mineralogical-petrographic, geochemical, astronomical and historical characteristics of a Holocene notable asteroid/comet impact and the role of the discovery in the scientific discussion.
- A program that relates crater size to projectile size.
Geology 376 - 2001 Field Trip
- Travelogue of a geology class field trip to the Barringer meteor crater. Images, crater description, topographic map.
- Online calculator for cratering effects of hypothetical asteroid impacts.
- Geology, geophysics, and petrology of impact structures (meteorite impact craters) with special focus on the Azuara and Rubielos de la Cérida impact structures (Spain)
- Official site for the visitors center at the Barringer meteor crater. Short history, animations, visitor information.
- Images and short explanations of geologic features near the rim of the Barringer meteor crater.
Reuben Johnson's K/T Expedition -- 2001
- Background info on the Chicxulub impact crater at the K/T (Cretaceous/Tertiary) boundary with photos of the 2001 NASA/Planetary Society expedition to Belize and Mexico to study and gather ejecta samples.
Solar System Collisions
- Online calculator for effects of asteroid impact.
Terrestrial Impact Cratering and Its Environmental Effects
- World map of impact sites, details on the Chicxulub site, and details on environmental effects of impacts.
Terrestrial Impact Craters
- Text describing formation of impact craters. Images, glossary.
Terrestrial Impact Craters
- Background information, images, list of craters, references.
Three Craters in Israel
- Investigates the possibility they have been caused by comet fragments.
Traces of Catastrophe
- Online book. Detailed introduction and overview of impact processes, crater formation, and shock metamorphism.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 6:15:09 UTC -