become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geomorphology/Caves_and_Karst
Caves and Karst
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Caves and Karst
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Caves
Recreation: Outdoors: Caving
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Caves
Science: Environment: Water Resources
This category in other languages:
3-D Modeling of Phreatic Karst Caves
- Reports on research on the visualization and quantification of cave geometry, illustrated by examples from Turkey and Florida.
Australasian Cave and Karst Management Association
- Association of cave and karst managers from Australia, New Zealand, and other Asia/Pacific countries. Site provides information on individual caves, cave research in the region, and the organization's biennial conferences.
British Cave Research Association
- Promotes the study of caves and associated phenomena. Information about the organization and its activities; with online contents of several publications.
Bulletin Bibliographique Speleologique
- Speleological Abstracts, an annual review of the world´s speleological literature.
Canadian Karst Resources and Issues
- Discussions, papers, glossary of terminology as well as Canada related links.
Cave Gate Airflow Disturbance
- An investigation into the effect of cave gates on cave entrance airflow. [PDF]
Cave Research Foundation
- Dedicated to documenting, studying and protecting caves and karst resources, USA.
Cave and Karst Science
- Peer-reviewed journal of research on geology and biology of caves and karst, published three times a year by the British Cave Research Association. Includes tables of contents and abstracts.
Cave and Karst Terminology
- A full glossary maintained by J N Jennings of the Australian Speleological Federation.
Center for Cave and Karst Studies
- Western Kentucky University research on all aspects of cave and karst studies with an emphasis upon solving environmental problems associated with karst in the Mammoth Cave region.
Encyclopaedia Speleologica Practicorum
- An extensive encyclopedia about caves and karst, people, techniques and cultural phenomena connected with caves.
Glossary of Karst Related Terms
- Compiled by Caving Canada.
Jamaican Caves and Sinkholes
- GPS positions of Jamaican caves and sinkholes.
Karst Dynamics Laboratory
- Institute based in Guilin, China undertaking research that includes the development of karst water resources, the carbon cycle in karst and geological hazards.
Karst Link Page
- Large collection of links to web sites about karst and the study of karst around the world. Page is maintained by The Association of Polish Geomorphologists.
Karst Research Group, University of South Florida
- Project descriptions, online papers, studies ranging from the Caribbean to Israel.
Karst in British Columbia
- Discusses origin and distribution of karst landscapes and caves in this Canadian province, ecological aspects, aboriginal uses, recreation and tourism, and management and protection.
Karst of Montenegro
- Descriptions, discussion, and maps of the geology and distribution of karst in this region.
Karst of Serbia and Montenegro
- The geology and distribution of karst in Yugoslavia, some interesting karst areas, caves and other karst features.
Karsts of Australia
- Short discussion of karst development in Australia.
Misconceptions About Caves and Karst
- Discusses common misunderstanding of the processes that operate in karst terranes and makes suggestions for improving public education. [PDF]
Missouri Caves, Karst, and Springs
- A primer on karst terminology and the processes that form this type of topography.
National Speleological Society
- Advancing the study, conservation, exploration, and knowledge of caves. Although primary focus is on recreation, site has extensive information and links about caves and karst.
Navassa Island: A Photographic Tour of Geology
- U.S. Geological Survey photos illustrate geologic features related to early karst development on this coral island.
- Electronic journal of research on the origin and development of solution caves and other aspects of the evolution of karst topography and hydrology. Includes original papers and abstracts of items published in other journals.
The Commission on Volcanic Caves
- Originally a working group of the International Union of Speleology. Information on members, symposia on vulcanospeleology, calendar and photographs of lava tubes and other volcanic caves.
West Virginia Cave Conservancy
- Dedicated to conservation and preservation of karst resources. Includes information about the state's caves, conservation techniques, educational programs, and links.
Caves and Karst
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, March 22, 2010 8:29:31 PM EDT -