become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Education
K through 12
History of Earth
Rocks and Minerals
Computers: Software: Educational: Science
Science: Educational Resources
This category in other languages:
Earth Fact Sheet
- Basic earth statistics from the NSSDC.
- Provides a web-centered learning environment for students of Science. Includes Powerpoint presentations and videos.
Earth Science from Moorland School
- Earth science for schools including the rock cycle, plate tectonics, planetary structure and origins, volcanoes, atmosphere, fossil fuels and polymers.
- Earth science workshops for Canadian teachers coordinated by the Canadian Geoscience Education Network.
ESEU: Earth Science Education Unit
- Based at Keele University, provides free in-service training to teachers across England, Scotland and Wales, through workshops for schools, teacher meetings and teacher education institutions.
Exploration of the Earth's Magnetosphere
- Detailed non-mathematical introduction to the research on the Earth's magnetic environment in space and its history. Contains master directory of more than 70 related text files.
International Geoscience Education Organisation
- Goal is to work for the improvement of education within the earth science fields, especially in K-12 grades. Page includes newsletters and conference schedule.
International Lithosphere Program (ILP)
- Promotes multidisciplinary research projects of interest to both the geological and geophysical communities.
- Ocean drilling research vessel studying Earth's oceans and paleoclimate through scientific drilling. Includes information on the vessel, details of exploratory trips, blogs and teacher resources.
Museums Teaching Planet Earth
- Educational earth science resources and software produced by Rice University in collaboration with the Houston Museum of Natural Science, funded by NASA under the Office of Earth Science
NASA Planetary Science Research Discoveries
- An educational on-line magazine describing discoveries in planetary and space sciences. Written for teachers, students, and the general public.
Our Dynamic Earth
- Interactive exhibits about planet earth. Utilises the QuickTime, Shockwave and Acrobat Reader plug-ins.
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution's Polar Discovery provides stories of research in the Arctic and the Antarctic.
Understanding our Planet Through Chemistry
- U.S.Geological Survey site links to reports showing how chemists and geologists use analytical chemistry to study earth science questions.
USGS Learning Web
- Educational resources for the earth sciences from the U.S. Geological Survey.
The USGS Water Science School
- Information on many aspects of water, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 12:47:15 UTC -