become an editor
the entire directory
only in Data_Centers/United_States_Government
United States Government
Alaska Satellite Facility
- The Alaska Satellite Facility is a NASA Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC) and receiving ground station for Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Sea Ice, Polar Processes, and Geophysics.
Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC)
- Global-change data and information analysis for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Compiles and maintains international data sets on atmospheric chemistry, particularly atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide, methane and other radiatively active gases.
EROS Data Center at the U.S. Geological Survey
- The EROS Data Center is home to the U.S. National Satellite Land Remote Sensing Data Archive. The EROS Data Center is managed by the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
Goddard Earth Sciences (GES) Data and Information Services Center (DISC) Distributed Active Archive Center (DAAC)
- Provides data, data related services, and data support for global environmental change research and education. Funded through NASA's Earth Observing System (EOS) as a source of information about the upper atmosphere, atmospheric dynamics, and the global biosphere.
High-resolution Shoreline Database
- Information on digital coastline and shorelines data available from various sources. Provided by the NOAA National Geophysical Data Center (NGDC) Marine Geology and Geophysics Division and collocated World Data Center A for Marine Geology and Geophysics.
NASA Distributed Active Archive Centers (DAACs)
- Processes, archives, documents, and distributes Earth science and socioeconomic data.
NASA-JPL Physical Oceanography Distributed Active Archive Center (PO-DAAC)
- Distribution of data for sea surface temperature, sea surface topography, and ocean vector winds acquired by NASA instruments.
NASA-Langley Atmospheric Sciences Data Center (ASDC)
- The ASDC processes, archives and distributes data from instruments measuring clouds, aerosols, tropospheric chemistry, and Earth's radiation budget.
National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
- As an information and referral center in support of polar and cryospheric research, NSIDC archives and distributes digital and analog snow, ice, and glaciological data.
- Data retrieval and analysis interface to the National Space Science Data Center's OMNI data: This data includes "near-Earth" solar wind magnetic field and plasma data, energetic proton fluxes, and geomagnetic and solar activity indices.
USDOC/NOAA/NESDIS/National Geophysical Data Center
- Manages environmental data in the fields of marine geology and geophysics, paleoclimatology, solar-terrestrial physics, solid earth geophysics, and glaciology (snow and ice).
United States Government
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2012 at 22:05:52 UTC -