become an editor
the entire directory
only in Wind/Jet_Streams
Alaska Science Forum: The Jet Stream
- Article by Larry Gedney about how the failure of a bombing mission on Tokyo in 1944 led to an understanding of the fluid dynamics of the upper atmosphere.
CRWS: Jet Stream Analyses and Forecasts
- Contains maps of where the jet stream is now, and where forecasters think it will be in the future.
Generation of the African Easterly Jet and Its Role in Determining West African Precipitation
- Paper by Kerry H. Cook published by the American Meteorological Society.
- Diagram showing how a current of rapidly moving air is formed between two masses of air at different temperatures.
National Weather Service: JetStream
- Online resource for learning about the jet stream and global air circulation patterns.
Ooishi's Observation Viewed in the Context of Jet Stream Discovery
- Article by John M Lewis outlining Ooishi's upper-air observations dating back to 1926 and the history of the discovery of the jet stream.
Paths of Polar and Subtropical Jet Streams
- Provides diagrams showing the generalized locations of the polar and subtropical jet streams in the Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere in January and July.
The Tropics May Be Expanding
- Atmospheric temperature measurements by U.S. weather satellites indicate Earth's hot, tropical zone has expanded farther from the equator since 1979 because the subtropical jets have been pushed toward the Poles.
Wikipedia: Jet Stream
- Encyclopedia article on these fast flowing, narrow currents of air found between the troposphere and the stratosphere.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 4, 2011 at 14:01:47 UTC -