become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Wind
Air Pressure and Wind
- Educational site linking the air pressure and winds to gravity, the Coriolis Force, friction and centrifugal force.
The Beaufort Wind Scale
- Describes this scale of wind speed devised in 1805 by Admiral Sir Francis Beaufort.
National Weather Service: Global Circulations
- Explains how the Earth's rotation results in three circulations, the Hadley, Ferrel and Polar cells.
Weather Elements: Sea and Land Breezes
- Discussion about wind direction changes that take place at coastal regions. Includes diagrams.
Wind Engineering and Fluids Laboratory
- Colorado State University research group studying wind effects on structures, as well as dispersion of pollutants, using boundary-layer wind tunnels.
Wind Engineering Research Center, Texas Tech University
- Large collection of informational material about the natural wind and its effects on civil engineering infrastructure made up of buildings, bridges, transmission-line towers, and various other structures.
Wind: The Invisible Force
- Educational site produced by students for students with information on the development of winds, hurricanes, tornadoes, a glossary of terms and a quiz..
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2012 at 7:15:04 UTC -