become an editor
the entire directory
only in Thunderstorms_and_Lightning/Ball_Lightning
Thunderstorms and Lightning
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Thunderstorms and Lightning: Ball Lightning
This category in other languages:
Archive of Ball Lightning Reports
- A large collection of stories submitted by eyewitnesses. Add your own report.
- A meta-reference general page about Atmospheric Electricity, with a bibliography and links.
- Lots of articles and links, including "how to make your own ball lightning".
- Wikipedia article about the phenomenon.
Ball Lightning and Metastable Substance
- Devoted to investigations and experimental modeling of the ball lightning and some related phenomena.
Ball Lightning Bibliography
- A list of papers and articles on the subject, without comments.
Ball Lightning Discussion - Chukanov Energy, Inc.
- Lots of information and speculation.
Far News: Ball Lightning Experiments Produce UFOs
- Two researchers in a lab in New Zealand say their experiment may explain enigmatic weather phenomena such as ball lightning.
Gradually About All
- The images on ball lightning modeling are presented. The material will be updated gradually in accordance with deriving new experimental effects.
Irving Langmuir's Ball Lightning Tube
- Description of an old experiment to produce ball lightning in the laboratory.
New Lead for Fireball Riddle
- A BBC news article on New Zealand scientists who believe that ball lightning is little more than burning soil fragments that have been kicked up into the air.
Physics : Great Balls of What?
- An article from Nature.com.
Scientific American: Ask the Experts: Ball Lightning
- According to a statistical investigation, approximately 5% of the world population have witnessed ball lightning. Various physical theories are presented here.
Skeptoid: Ball Lightning
- Discussion of the scientific explanations for this phenomenon.
Smoke Rings and the Plasma
- Beginning with an interesting comparison of the physiology of a smoke ring and ball lightning, leading to the development of a device to create ball lightning, this site continues with several well-presented accounts of the phenomenon.
Theory of Ball Lightning
- Storm News article: "A Theory of Ball Lightning as an Electric Discharge" by Dr. John J. Lowke.
Tornadoes and Ball Lightning
- A Edward Lewis paper, with the discussion of ball lightning as plasmoids.
The Truth About Ball Lightning
- Read fabulously absurd truths and untruths about ball lightning.
The Virtual Times: Unusual Experiences with Lightning
- Unusual experiences with lightning and ball lightning as related by eye witnesses.
Does Ball Lightning Really Exist?
- Reviews the evidence and witness accounts of ball lightning. (September 17, 2004)
Usenet alt.sci.natural.phenomena.unusual -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 6:24:04 AM EST -