become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Thunderstorms_and_Lightning
Thunderstorms and Lightning
Sprites and Jets
Business: Electronics and Electrical: Surge Protectors
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Storm Chasing
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Tornadoes
This category in other languages:
- Shows real-time lightning activity in the North Sea using a sensor located in Bergen, Norway.
Boltek Lightning Detectors
- Boltek StormTracker and LD-250 Lightning Detectors display lightning strikes live on a map of your area. Can detect and track thunderstorms up to 300 miles away, right from your personal computer.
Colorado Lightning Resource Center
- Resource for lightning information for the state of Colorado. Knowing more about lightning, its causes, and some basic safety rules can help you and your family avoid needless exposure to the dangers of lightning. From NOAA, a government site.
EUCLID: European Cooperation for Lightning Detection
- Information and links to lightning detection networks across Europe. View real-time maps of lightning activity in Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Slovakia, Norway, Austria, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and Slovenia.
Florida Media Communications: Lightning Tracker
- Real-time lightning detector for an area within a 300 mile radius from Tampa, Florida.
Global Atmospherics Lightning Detection
- Global Atmospherics provides lightning and thunder storm detection equipment and services worldwide.
Infography about Lightning
- Sources recommended by a professor who specializes in the study of lightning.
Information Please: Lightning
- A short brief on lightning lore, statistics, and safety tips.
Lightning and Atmospheric Electricity at the GHCC
- Lightning and Atmospheric Electricity at the GHCC (NASA). Learn about LIS, OTD, LMS, and other space based lightning detection instruments designed, built, and maintained by the Lightning Team.
- A short compendium of information about lightning.
Lightning Information Center
- National Weather Service, Melbourne, Florida. A resource of lightning information for east-central Florida.
- Links to relevant news articles and other sites on lightning, photos, lightning variations, fulgerites, lightning victims, books, and research sites. An extensive and useful compilation.
Lightning Protection Institute
- The Lightning Protection Institute is a nationwide not-for-profit organization and provides information on lightning safety and lightning protection systems for commercial and residential structures.
Lightning: The Shocking Story
- The science and the stories behind the bolts that strike our earth a hundred times every second. National Geographic report on lightning.
- Real time maps of lightning strikes across the planet.
Lyncole Industries, Inc.
- Designs, manufactures, and installs the originally patented XIT Grounding System. Some good information here on grounding for lightning protection.
National Lightning Safety Institute (NLSI)
- Independent advocate of lightning safety for people and structures. Includes information about their services, lighting strike incidents, safety guidelines, and a reference section of general and technical information.
Tampa Bay, Clearwater Beach Lightning Detection Network
- Lightning detection network covering Tampa Bay, Clearwater Beach, Belleair and St. Petersburg Florida. Realtime lightning detection showing lightning strikes. Using Boltek and Stormvue to display lightning strikes.
Texas Severe Storms Association
- Non-profit organization founded to bring together amateur and professional severe weather scientists in an attempt to better understand dangerous storms through the collection and diffusion of knowledge.
Thunderstorms and Lightning
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 7, 2015 at 6:05:06 UTC -