become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Snow
News: Weather: Snow and Ski Forecasts
National Snow and Ice Data Center
- Information and referral center supporting polar and cryospheric research. Education resources, the NSIDC data catalog and an image gallery.
ScienceBits: Snow at Above Freezing Temperatures
- Article providing a scientific explanation of this phenomenon.
A Snow Crystal Primer
- Provides some basic facts about snowflakes and snow crystals. Includes a morphology diagram and the story of the life of a snowflake.
- Worldwide snow forecasts with local maps provided for the Americas, Europe, New Zealand and Australia including popular ski areas.
The Snowflake: Nature's Masterpiece
- Describes the birth of a snowflake and the intricate patterns formed by the ice crystals and some other snow facts.
- Encyclopedia article on this type of precipitation which falls in the form of crystalline water ice.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 4, 2010 at 1:06:32 UTC -