become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hurricanes/Preparedness
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Preparedness
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies: Doors and Windows: Storm Products and Screens
Health: Public Health and Safety: Emergency Services
Home: Emergency Preparation
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Education and FAQs
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Preparedness
American Red Cross - Hurricane Preparedness
- Provides information on preparedness for high winds including what to do before the storm, what supplies to collect and the aftermath of the storm. [PDF]
CDC - Emergency Preparedness and Response: Hurricanes
- Factsheets and links dealing with health issues before and after a hurricane.
Clemson Cooperative Extension - Food Safety in Hurricanes and Floods
- Information on hurricane preparations and food safety including storing and disinfecting water, foods to discard or save after floods or power outages, and cooking without power.
The Deadly Hurricane - Tampa Bay
- Description of what hurricanes really mean along the Gulf Coast near Tampa, and suggestions about preparedness and evacuation.
Get Ready Hurricane Guide by Florida International University
- Gives hurricane preparation advice. Includes ideas on how to protect people, pets, homes, businesses, and how to make an emergency supply kits. Also, has list of contacts for these situations.
Hurricane and Natural Disaster Brochure
- Presented by the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
Hurricane Survival Guide
- Articles on hurricanes and an eBook on surviving a hurricane. Written by single-handed sailor John Buchanan.
Hurricane Weather Center
- Weather and storm information from South Florida.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 11:45:04 AM EST -