become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hurricanes/Preparedness
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Preparedness
Health: Public Health and Safety: Emergency Services
Home: Emergency Preparation
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Education and FAQs
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Preparedness
Food Safety in Hurricanes and Floods
- Information on hurricane preparations and food safety, from Clemson University Extension. Covers storing and disinfecting water, foods to discard or save after floods or power outages and cooking without power.
Get Ready Hurricane Guide by Florida International University
- Gives hurricane preparation advice. Includes ideas on how to protect people, pets, homes, businesses, and how to make an emergency supply kits. Also, has list of contacts for these situations.
Hurricane Survival Guide
- Articles on hurricanes and an eBook on surviving a hurricane. Written by single-handed sailor John Buchanan.
Hurricane Weather Center
- Weather and storm information from South Florida.
Hurricane and Natural Disaster Brochure
- Presented by the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
Project SafeSide:Tropical Storms and Hurricanes
- The Weather Channel talks about things in safety one needs to follow.
The Deadly Hurricane - Tampa Bay
- Description of what hurricanes really mean along the Gulf Coast near Tampa, and suggestions about preparedness and evacuation.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, October 31, 2010 8:18:44 PM EDT -