become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hurricanes/Past_Hurricanes
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Past Hurricanes
Galveston Hurricane of 1900
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Society: History: By Topic: Disasters
CDC: Prevent Illness after a Disaster
- Factsheets and links dealing with health concerns in the aftermath of hurricanes and other disasters.
Costliest Hurricanes in the United States, 1900-2004
- Compilation by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Deadliest Atlantic Hurricanes to Hit the United States, 1492-present
- Serious summaries prepared by the Tropical Prediction Center in association with NOAA and Florida International University. Updated annually.
Floyd Devastates the Bahamas (1999)
- Lots of photos showing the devastation Hurricane Floyd wrought on North Abaco, Central Abaco, Cooperstown, Green Turtle, Sandy Point, Elbow Cay, and Mores Island.
Hong Kong's Historic Calamitous Typhoons
- Facts provided by the Hong Kong Observatory, an official department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Hurricane Andrew (1992): Effects on Wetlands
- Restoration, creation, and recovery of wetlands in Southern Florida and Louisiana.
Hurricane Camille Photos
- Photos of damage from Hurricane Camille by Mr. Chauncey Hinman of Gulfport, Mississippi.
Hurricane Information from the Outer Banks
- Photos and descriptions of recent hurricanes affecting North Carolina's barrier islands.
Hurricane Lenny (1999)
- Images and description of Hurricane Lenny as it struck the island of Dominica.
Hurricanes and Typhoons, 1995-1997
- U.S. Defense Department satellite images taken at times to show maximum features.
NOAA - Hurricanes
- Provides images and reports pertaining to past hurricanes.
- Historical information on all known Texas hurricanes from the sixteenth century to the present. It also contains links to other hurricane history-related sites. [PDF]
The Disaster Center Index to the Year 2000 Hurricanes
- Uniquely formatted warnings, reports and data for year 2000 hurricanes as they happen.
Thirty Years After Hurricane Camille
- Prof. Roger A. Pielke, Jr. examines what we learned and what we have forgotten about hurricanes since 1969, when the worst storm ever to hit the continental United States made landfall along the Gulf Coast.
- Provides a collection of satellite pictures of hurricanes and their tracks from 1969 onwards, with information on each.
Unisys Hurricane and Tropical Data
- Archives of classic hurricanes in the Atlantic, Eastern Pacific, and Western Pacific regions.
Virginia Hurricane History, 1501-present
- Convenient and thorough review of Virginia storm history by year, prepared by meteorologists David Roth of the Hydrometeorological Prediction Center and Hugh Cobb of the Camp Springs National Weather Service Forecast Office.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, January 7, 2010 2:20:34 AM EST -