become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hurricanes/Education_and_FAQs
Education and FAQs
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Hurricanes: Education and FAQs
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Education
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Education and Research
BBC Earth - Hurricanes
- Provides an animated hurricane guide and various video clips relating to hurricanes, also known as typhoons and cyclones.
EducationWorld.com - Lesson Planning: Hurricane Watch
- Hurricane learning, lesson plans, and science projects for elementary school grades and above.
Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Division of Emergency Management manages the overall response and recovery efforts to natural and technological disaster response in Florida by integrating resources statewide.
How Stuff Works: Hurricanes
- Three-part explanation of hurricanes, with many related links.
- Hurricane news and information. Hurricane and weather science.
Hurricane Georges: An Interdisciplinary Lesson
- Teacher's lesson plan about hurricanes. Requires no more than a 486 classroom computer and software downloaded from here. Sponsored by Tools for the Teks: Integrating Technology in the Classroom.
Miami Museum of Science-Hurricane Main Menu
- Superb science lessons and explanations.
NOAA - Hurricane Research Division: FAQ
- Excellent, detailed, and up to date catalogue of commonly asked questions and answers, with additional links for more information.
NOAA - Science Education Pages
- The National Data Buoy Center, with an interactive questions and answers asking such questions as, "What are hurricanes?" and "How do winter storms differ from summer storms?"
NOAA - Selected Hurricane Readings
- A bibliography of books suitable for middle school, high school, and teachers.
NPR: Hurricane Season
- Animation illustrating the Saffir-Simpson scale and the type of damage caused by each category of hurricanes, and a map showing the path of previous hurricanes from 1850 to today.
ThinkQuest - Storms from the Seas
- Educational site made by students for students providing information on hurricanes, typhoons and tropical cyclones.
University of Illinois - Hurricanes
- Online meteorology guide includes growth processes, development stages, movement, public awareness and action, damage, names, global activity and el nino.
Education and FAQs
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2013 at 16:03:52 UTC -