become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Hurricanes
Alerts, Reports, and Warnings
Atlantic Basin Research
Current Hurricane Season
Education and FAQs
Indian Ocean Research
Pacific Basin Research
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
This category in other languages:
NOAA - NWS: National Hurricane Center
- Official source for world-wide tropical predictions, current satellite images in infrared and visual spectra, storm advisories, warnings, marine and coastal hazard alerts, strike probabilities, and sea, air, and land data.
Atlantic Tropical Weather Center
- Extensive source for data, research and current tracking information about Atlantic tropical hurricanes and storms. Maintained by a graduate student of Colorado State University's Dr. William Gray.
Caribbean Hurricane Network
- Indepth information, weather discussions and local reports regarding tropical storms and hurricanes threatening the Caribbean islands.
Colorado State University - The Tropical Meteorology Project
- Current forecasts and past reports on hurricane activity in the Atlantic.
The Guardian - Hurricanes
- Collected news, analysis and commentary about hurricanes and related topics.
Hurricane and Storm Tracking
- The latest animated plots and information on tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Collection of current information about hurricanes, typhoons, and other tropical cyclones around the world. Satellite images, wind data, forecast tracks, advisories.
International Pacific Research Center
- Providing an international, state-of-the-art research environment to improve understanding of the nature and predictability of climate variability and regional aspects of global environmental change in the Asia-Pacific sector.
The New York Times - Hurricanes and Tropical Storms
- Collection of recent and archived news and commentary, photos, multimedia and selected web resources about hurricanes and tropical storms.
NOAA - NWS: Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Start page for Pacific typhoon information.
Plymouth State Weather Center - Tropical Weather Menu
- Provides GOES satellite views of the Atlantic and Eastern Pacific basins, plus archives of past notable hurricanes.
U.S. Naval Oceanography Portal
- Distributing current storm information, satellite images, warnings, and reports to the public and U.S. fleets in the Atlantic, Pacific, Caribbean, Berents Sea, and elsewhere around the world.
Unisys - Weather: Hurricane/Tropical Data
- Central source for a wealth of hurricane and cyclone information from around the world including enhanced satellite images, graphical maps, streaming video weather front projections, tracking graphs and charts, text-based tables of tracking information with latitude and longitude positions, maximum sustained winds in knots, and central pressure in millibars. Includes an archive of past storms.
University of Hawaii - Meteorology
- Central site for marine weather information, including raw and enhanced satellite images, tropical weather alerts, forecast models, and weather research.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2013 at 15:46:36 UTC -