become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Drought
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Drought
News: Weather: Agricultural
Science: Environment: Climate Change: Desertification
Science: Environment: Water Resources
- A comparison of a drought in a more economically developed area - Texas, and a drought in a less economically developed area - Sahel.
Monitoring and Early Warning
- Maps providing monthly updated, distributed information on rainfall, actual evapotranspiration, radiation, drought and desertification indices, and crop yield forecasts for Africa and Europe, with methodology discussions.
National Drought Mitigation Center
- The National Drought Mitigation Center provides information to help people and institutions reduce vulnerability to drought, stressing prevention and risk management.
NOAA's Drought Information Center
- A collection of sites related to drought and climate conditions in the United States (and some individual states). It includes current reports, outlooks, and indices used for drought and moisture monitoring .
North American Drought, a Paleo Perspective
- Highlights the importance of paleoclimate research in providing information about past droughts and natural variability. Includes maps that display droughts of the various centuries.
USGS--Pacific Northwest Drought
- Status and information on daily streamflow in the Pacific Northwest States of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Links to other resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:05:06 AM EST -