become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weather_Phenomena/Drought
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena: Drought
News: Weather: Agricultural
Science: Environment: Climate Change: Desertification
Science: Environment: Water Resources
- Account from CBC News of a 10-year period of drought and dust storms in the US.
- Background information for journalists.
- A comparison of a drought in a more economically developed area - Texas, and a drought in a less economically developed area - Sahel.
Drought of 2002
- Account from CBC News of the drought that hit Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Alberta in 2002, searing crops and leaving livestock without feed or water.
Monitoring and Early Warning
- Maps providing monthly updated, distributed information on rainfall, actual evapotranspiration, radiation, drought and desertification indices, and crop yield forecasts for Africa and Europe, with methodology discussions.
NOAA Economics: Extreme Events: Drought
- Severe drought conditions can profoundly impact agriculture, water resources, tourism, ecosystems, and basic human welfare. NOAA examines the economics, social benefits and cost mitigation of drought.
NOAA's Drought Information Center
- A collection of sites related to drought and climate conditions in the United States (and some individual states). It includes current reports, outlooks, and indices used for drought and moisture monitoring .
National Drought Mitigation Center
- The National Drought Mitigation Center provides information to help people and institutions reduce vulnerability to drought, stressing prevention and risk management.
North American Drought, a Paleo Perspective
- Highlights the importance of paleoclimate research in providing information about past droughts and natural variability. Includes maps that display droughts of the various centuries.
USGS--Pacific Northwest Drought
- Status and information on daily streamflow in the Pacific Northwest States of Washington, Oregon, and Idaho. Links to other resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, July 3, 2011 4:11:00 PM EDT -