become an editor
the entire directory
only in Products_and_Services/Software
Products and Services
Science: Earth Sciences: Products and Services: Software
Shopping: Recreation: Science and Nature: Earth Science: Meteorology
- Products to connect digital weather stations data to the internet, providing a real-time monitoring tool.
- HIRLAM, the High Resolution Limited Area Model, was developed by the Netherlands Meteorological Institute to predict the weather in Europe and on the Atlantic Ocean up to 48 hours ahead.
- Free software for downloading weather and hydrologic data, displaying graphs and web screens with automated updating and paging. Supports Wunderground, USGS, USBR, CDEC, SNOTEL, CIMIS free data providers.
- Add weather information to your web site.
- Freese-Notis Weather provides this system. NEXRAD radar images can be fully panned and zoomed-in upon with the InterRAD software available to download free of charge.
- Develops meteorological systems for civil aviation authorities and meteorological institutions. Supplies WMO and ICAO compliant message switching systems and EUMETSat, SADIS and ISCS reception stations.
Portable University Model of the Atmosphere
- PUMA is a numerical model of atmospheric circulation, mainly for use as a learning tool.
RTTOV: Radiative Transfer for TOVS
- RTTOV is a very fast radiative transfer model for nadir viewing passive infrared and microwave satellite radiometers, spectrometers and interferometers.
Satellite Application Facility for Numerical Weather Prediction
- The NWP SAF is developing techniques and tools for the effective use of data and products generated by EUMETSAT and other satellite operators. This project is led by the Met Office, with partners ECMWF, KNMI and Météo-France.
Skywatch Weather Software
- Skywatch has a variety of weather software items specifically suited for Skywarn members to avid weather watching enthusiasts. Emergency managers to storm spotters will find resources here.
- The Unidata Program provides meteorological software and data to universities
- Programs written by the author in python to help look at current weather. Also provides weather-related links and a blog.
- Desktop weather software. Features include real-time weather conditions, live weather satellite, doppler radar and hail reports with street-level accuracy. Free demo version to download.
Weather Graphics Technologies
- Forecasting products and home of software titles such as Digital Atmosphere and Weathergraphix.
Weather Message Software
- Download weather alerting software for your local area network. Uses the EMWIN data stream provided by the National Weather Service.
Weather View 32
- Weather View 32 software for computer based monitoring of many brands of weather stations.
- A company of meteorologists and computer experts that was formed in 1987 to meet the weather information needs of industry and the media, providing graphic forecasts and customized weather pages for newspapers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 21, 2014 at 12:40:35 UTC -