become an editor
the entire directory
only in Meteorology/Education
Science: Earth Sciences: Education
Science: Educational Resources
This category in other languages:
Air Quality Meteorology
- Developmental course of the US Environmental Protection Agency in conjunction with the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Ask A Scientist - Weather
- Questions from educators and students are answered by the Argonne National Laboratory.
Auroras: Paintings in the Sky
- Illustrated journey of the "Northern Lights." Photos and QuickTime movies of the northern lights, and Realaudio interviews with NASA scientists.
- Debunks some widespread misconceptions about clouds, rain, atmospheric circulation, the greenhouse effect, and other topics.
Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology
- Outlines of courses available, data held, contact details, and history of this cooperative by sixteen governments in the region.
Center for Atmosphere Ocean Studies, Courant Institute
- Research, graduate school studies in applied math, dynamical meteorology, physical oceanography and climate system modeling.
El Nino Resource Center
- Welcome to the El Niño Workshop - online for education.
For Spacious Skies
- Information about K-12 meteorological education program.
Index to Training Materials and Essays on Storm Chasing and Meteorology
- This site provides an organized list of training materials and essays on storm chasing and meteorology that are available on the internet.
Infography about Meteorology
- Online and print resources recommended by a professor who specializes in research about meteorology.
- Educational site designed by students for students and including land disasters, atmospheric disasters, weather basics and careers related to meteorology.
- Archived FAQs from the Usenet newsgroup sci.geo.meteorology.
Meteorology: Simply for Yachties
- A weather training package course for all sailors. Provides information on the lessons, the author and the cost.
NWS JetStream - An Online School for Weather
- A resource intended for educators, emergency managers, and the general public. Includes topical material and lesson plans.
Professor Mandia's Weather Resources
- Website for a introduction to weather class at Suffolk County Community College.
Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science
- SOARS provides educational and research opportunities, mentoring, career counseling and guidance, and financial support for culturally-diverse students in the atmospheric and related sciences.
- Information about the physics of snow crystals and snowflakes as well as the history of early scientific observations and photographs, how to take photos, preserving snow crystals, and unusual snowflakes.
Stuff In The Air
- Weather phenomena and imagery. Concise descriptions of how weather instruments work. Atmospheric problems and solutions.
The Weather Doctor
- Explores the science and beauty of weather, including a monthly almanac, weather history, weather elements and phenomena, weather and the arts.
- Discusses several topics of weather including clouds, seasons, air pressure, winds, global warming, and violent weather. Also includes activities to give students a hands-on experience with weather.
The Weather Report
- Project by students for students explaining some of the elements that make up the weather and meteorology.
What is a Rainbow?
- Educational site explaining the physics and chemistry of rainbows.
WW2010 (Weather World 2010 Project)
- Educational CD-ROM that integrates current and archived weather data with instructional resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2015 at 3:45:03 UTC -