become an editor
the entire directory
only in Climatology/Prediction
News: Weather: Hazards and Extremes
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology: Weather Phenomena
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Warnings and Forecasts
National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)
- The world's largest active archive of weather data. NCDC produces numerous climate publications and responds to data requests from all over the world.
Abrupt Climate Change Research at LDEO of Columbia University
- An overview of paleoclimatological, observational and modeling evidence to identify causes and impacts of past and future climate changes. Includes a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research
- The research division of the National Meteorological Service in Australia.
Clear Sky Clock homepage
- Weather predictions specifically for astronomers for hundreds of observatories, observing sites and clubs in the USA and Canada.
Climate Change Prediction Program
- A U.S. Department of Energy program to rapidly advance the science of decade- and longer-scale climate prediction.
Climate Diagnostics Center
- The mission of CDC is to identify the nature and causes of climate variations on time scales ranging from a month to centuries.
Climate Prediction Center
- The National Weather Service agency that maintains a continuous watch on short term climate fluctuations and diagnoses and predicts them.
Climate Prediction Products
- 6 to10 day, monthly, seasonal and multi-seasonal outlooks from the Climate Prediction Center.
Climate Variability and Predictability Study (CLIVAR)
- An interdisciplinary research effort within the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) focussing on the variability and predictability of the slowly varying components of the climate system. It investigates the physical and dynamical processes in the climate system that occur on seasonal, interannual, decadal and centennial time-scales.
- Aims to harness the power of PCs in homes and businesses to predict the climate of the 21st century. Individuals can register to take part.
Daily 30-day Long Range Weather Forecasts
- free long range weather forecasts to help plan weather sensitive activities and events.
Earth Images from Weather Satellites
- Provides images from NOAA satellite updated every hour and composite images that covers huge territory made from several individual images.
Experimental Medium-Range Weather Forecasts
- Forecasts of anomalous 250 and 750 mb streamfunction out as far as six weeks ahead, using the statistical technique linear inverse modeling.
Global Energy and Water Cycle Experiment
- Observes and models the hydrologic cycle and energy fluxes in the atmosphere, at the land surface, and in the upper oceans. GEWEX is an integrated program ultimately leading to the prediction of global and regional climate change.
Global Warming Forecasts
- Global warming forecasts from 2010 through 2100. Authoritative collection of published and peer-reviewed climate change forecasts projecting global warming temperature forecasts, sea level rise, heat wave and heat-related fatalities, wildfire projections, cost of global warming, water shortages and greenhouse gas emissions forecasts.
Global Warming Prediction Project
- Open, transparent, objective, independent modeling and prediction of global temperature anomalies and related problems through self-organizing knowledge extraction from noisy, observed data.
International Research Institute for Climate Prediction
- Assessing and developing seasonal-to-interannual climate forecasts, while fostering the application of such forecasts to the explicit benefit of society.
Long-Range Weather Forecasts
- Long-range weather forecasts from Harris-Mann Climatology, including a U.S. Climate Timeline.
Max Planck Institute for Meteorology
- Information on climate models and research activities.
Meteorological Research Institute
- Researches climate, forecasting, typhoons, volcanoes, oceans, the atmosphere, and applied meteorology.
- Provides year-ahead weather forecasts for temperature, precipitation and snowfall for 4,000 cities in over 128 countries.
Numerical Terradynamic Simulation Group, University of Montana
- Research group focusing on remote sensing and computer simulation of terrestrial ecosystem processes, with active projects at local, regional, continental, and global scales.
Ocean Prediction Center
- The section of NCEP responsible for issuing marine warnings, forecasts and guidance for maritime users.
Project to Intercompare Regional Climate Simulations (PIRCS)
- PIRCS is an international program to evaluate strengths and weaknesses of regional climate models by comparing how well these models are able to simulate present-day climate.
Space Environment Center
- Providing space weather alerts and warnings to the nation and the world for disturbances that can affect people and equipment working in space and on Earth.
Storm Prediction Center
- Official government site for the prediction of thunderstorms and severe weather in the U.S.
Tropical Prediction Center
- National Hurricane Center site providing detailed location and forecasting of tropical storms and hurricanes
UK Universities Global Atmospheric Modelling Programme
- Aims to strengthen the role of the UK universities in the vital area of numerical modelling of the large scale atmosphere.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 28, 2015 at 19:45:12 UTC -