the entire directory
only in Chemistry/Education
Kids and Teens
Lab and Experiment Safety
Labs and Demonstrations
Personal and Class Pages
Instruments and Supplies
Nobel Prizes in Chemistry
Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators: Personal and Class Pages
Reference: Libraries: Subject Specific: Science: Physical and Chemical Sciences
Science: Biology: Education
Science: Educational Resources
Science: Physics: Education
Science: Technology: Pyrotechnics
This category in other languages:
General Chemistry Online
- Rich resource for students and teachers of introductory chemistry. Includes interactive course guides and tutorials, an exam survival guide, reference tables, self-grading quizzes and exams, a searchable glossary, a question and answer board, answers to over 300 frequently asked questions, and a chemical trivia quiz.
Academy of Alchemy (Chemistry)
- Self-paced and self-learning distance chemistry education. There is a cost for a 'hypertextbook' and a different cost for online tutoring, if requested.
Ace Organic Chem.com
- Provides live, online organic chemistry help and review seminars prior to the student's final exam. Also provides books, videos and other educational material.
Activities , Games and Quizzes in Chemistry
- Learn facts about the periodic table through quiz activities and games. Identify the chemical symbol given the element name, and the element name given the chemical symbol.
- The science of water and how it gets turned into pseudoscience by promoters of dubious treatment schemes.
Ask-A-Scientist Archive - Chemistry
- A list of thousands of chemistry questions answered by experts from the U.S. Argonne National Laboratory.
- Developed by experienced science teachers to provide free chemistry tutorials designed for high school chemistry students. An additional members-only area is available for self-tests and their answers.
Cavalcade of Chemistry
- A chemistry resource for high school students, teachers, and homeschoolers. Free lesson plans (worksheets, handouts, labs) and tutorials provided.
- Gathering place for teachers to exchange information and files with each other. All teachers are invited to upload and download information, relating to the standard eight topics.
- Basics of chemistry for all ages. It has sections on atoms, matter, the periodic table, and reactions.
- A collection of virtual labs, scenario-based learning activities, and concepts tests which can be incorporated into a variety of teaching approaches as pre-labs, alternatives to textbook homework, and in-class activities for individuals or teams. It is organized by a group of faculty and staff at Carnegie Mellon University.
Chemical Carousel: A Trip Around the Carbon Cycle
- A look at carbon and its role in the environment and living things.
Chemical Educational Foundation
- Educational outreach programs and chemical safety information through competitions and newsletters. Page includes list of events, publications and kids page.
- Online chemistry tools, forums, unit converters, symmetry tables, periodic table and chemical constants.
- Provides a web-centered learning environment for students of chemistry. Includes Powerpoint presentations and videos.
- Outline of high school chemistry course curriculum with links to teacher generated assignments and pertinent web sites. Intended to help students and other chemistry teachers.
- Covers chemistry, its laws, processes, applications and subdisciplines in hundreds of illustrated articles.
Chemistry Help Page
- Site for high School chemistry students offering notes, online quizzes and updated and interactive links all organized by topic.
Chemistry Help Pages from Technical Tutoring
- Help for common topics in college general chemistry.
Chemistry of "Things Jamaican"
- Lecture materials for organic, inorganic and physical chemistry courses, as well as materials on the extraction of alumina from bauxite, the chemistry of spices, fermentation, and marine natural products, from The University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
The Chemistry Site
- Offering tutorials and interactive tests for collegiate introductory level chemistry as well as AP Chem.
Chemistry Study Cards
- For AP and general chemistry classes, each of which covers most of a year's curriculum. Each set of cards is saved in pdf format for easy download.
Chemistry Tutoring Center at Towson University
- Contains many handouts and links to other useful chemistry tutorial sources.
Chemistry, Physical Science, and Astronomy with Chemistx2
- Homework and miscellaneous assignments and projects for Ms. Smith's Petaluma High School science classes.
- Resources for teachers and students of chemistry including animated molecules and mole clip art.
The Chemogenesis Web Book
- Explores the science between the periodic table and the established disciplines of inorganic and organic chemistry.
- Study material for chemistry courses. Students can place their homework help questions on the Chemistry Forum. Online tutoring available.
- An introduction to the chemistry that would be covered in a first year chemistry course.
Comic Book Periodic Table
- Comics relating or referring somehow to various elements. Also has links to scientific information for each element.
- Concept-based tests for use in chemistry. Includes suggestions for how the test can best be used in the instruction of chemistry students.
- Chemistry portal featuring latest news in chemistry, free chapters from the book "Concise Chemistry" and related links.
- Worksheets, teachers and technicians notes for activities suitable for a Chemistry Club. Question sheets and practical guides for GCSE Chemistry. Interactive revision quizzes, puzzles and the Sc1 Tune-up Garage.
The Culture of Chemistry
- "The Who, What, When, Where and Why of Chemistry". Weblog by Michelle Francl.
Dr. Roger Peters' AUFBAU1
- Dr. R. Peters teaching resource for 14 to 16 year old chemistry students.
Educational Resources for Particle Technology
- Tutorials designed to help students and industrial technologists understand powder or slurry behavior and diagnose and correct production problems.
- A student made page with information about general chemistry, AP chemistry, organic chemistry and physical chemistry.
General Chemistry First Edition, by American Chemical Society
- Designed to help students review key concepts through interactive exercises, visualization, and other learning tools. Resources are organized by chapter and by content type.
Global Instructional Chemistry
- Collection of resources for supplementing chemistry lessons.
Guide to Chemistry
- Discusses atoms and their components, the periodic table, its functions and the basic elements.
- Summary of the method with diagrams and equations. The Haber Process is a method of producing ammonia developed in WWI.
How Hydrogen Peroxide Foams
- Tells how and why hydrogen peroxide foams on cuts but not on skin.
How to Pass Chemistry
- Advice to students on how to pass chemistry from one who has taught at the college level for many years.
Information about density determination
- Get the latest information about density determination, concentration tables in EXCEL format and exchange information with other people.
Institute for Chemical Education
- Established to provide a center for science educators to develop and disseminate ideas. ICE is national in scope and has led the drive to help teachers revitalize science in schools throughout the United States.
Instructional Resources for Chemistry
- Annotated links to instructional materials and other resources of interest to chemistry teachers and course designers, carefully selected to represent what the author (a chemistry professor) considers to be the most useful and exemplary resources. Special emphasis is placed on CAI lessons, digital text, Web-based tutorials and similar materials that can serve as alternatives to traditional methods of instruction.
- Search engine for chemistry sites for children and young adults. Includes information about New Zealand, and a stain removal guide as well as more general chemistry information.
- Essays on chemistry topics.
The Lab of Shakhashiri
- Chemistry professor Bassam Z. Shakhashiri shares the fun of science through home science activities, demonstration shows, videos and books.
National Mole Day
- Celebrated annually on October 23, Mole Day commemorates Avogadro's Number (6.02 x 10^23), which is a basic measuring unit in chemistry. Mole Day was created as a way to foster interest in chemistry.
The Net Equation
- An online textbook enriched with special features such as a point-and-click periodic table of elements and interviews with professional chemists. Flash and Realplayer or Windows Media Player are needed to experience all of the site.
Organic Chemistry Tutor
- Gives a brief but comprehensible introduction to organic chemistry.
Organic Reaction Quizzes and Summaries
- Designed to assist organic chemistry students in the review of the basic reactions.
Osmosis, Reverse Osmosis and Osmotic Pressure
- Short article on osmosis.
- Educational site with tutorials explaining petrochemistry and steps taken to produce petrochemicals. Also includes industry statistics and product applications.
Stu's Guide to Atoms
- Educational site on the subject of atoms; an overview, history, and atomic structure.
Student Affiliates of the ACS, Towson University Chapter
- A group of chemistry major, minors, pre-med, pre-den, students and anyone else interested in chemistry at Towson University. This site has links to activities, meeting times, and a message bord for students of Towson University Chemistry classes.
The Third Millennium Online - Chemistry
- Online textbook, lab activities, detailed information on selected topics, history sections including timelines and brief biographies.
Topics in Quantitative Chemical Analysis
- Course notes for Chemistry 230 at California State University, Dominguez Hills.
- Course originally intended to meet the needs of UK A level chemistry students but now widened to suit people on equivalent courses worldwide.
- Aims to spread, produce, and confirm information about the synthesis, extraction, sources and biological activity of various chemicals. Includes a forum and members' pages.
The Wright Stuff Science Section
- General science help and links, with tutorials on chemistry topics at introductory and advanced levels. Links to science news feeds.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 18:15:07 UTC -