become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceania/Australia
Zoos and Aquariums
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Zoology: Zoos and Aquariums: Oceania: Australia
Regional: Oceania: Australia: Science and Environment
- Home to over 1,800 animals exhibited in 8 hectares of fine botanic gardens. Includes news, zoo map, information, opening times and details of the animals.
The Aquarium of Western Australia
- Perth, Western Australia. Formerly Underwater World Perth. Visitor information, animal photos and descriptions, education program summary and facility information.
- Owned by the family of the late "Crocodile Hunter", Steve Irwin. Features directions, staff, prices, animals and history.
Australian Reptile Park
- Wildlife sanctuary at Somersby, New South Wales housing many large Australian reptiles and other indigenous animals. Includes visitor information and details of research and the collection of venom from deadly species of snakes and spiders.
Cairns Tropical Zoo
- Queensland. Visitor information, description of exhibits and activities with times and photos, and special booking information.
Caversham Wildlife Park
- Privately owned park near Perth housing about 200 species in a walk-through environment. Provides a photograph gallery and tourist information.
- Wildlife sanctuary located on the Capricorn Coast in Queensland. Includes news, information on the animals, school visits, sponsoring and animal encounters.
Daintree Mangroves Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mossman, Queensland. An environmental wildlife nature park near Port Douglas with accommodation, breakfast with the birds, souvenir shop, licenced restaurant and bar.
Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Privately owned park in western Sydney with one of Australia's largest private collections of native animals and birds. Includes park news, information on the animals, opening times and prices.
Koala Park Sanctuary
- The Sanctuary is nestled within the lush tall timbers of the affluent residential Hills district of Northern Sydney, set amongst 10 acres of natural eucalyptus trees favoured by the koala.
Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Brisbane, Queensland. First and largest koala sanctuary in the world. Visitor information, facility map and photos, travel tips, and kangaroo and koala webcams.
- Victoria. Visitor information, news, virtual tour with facility map and exhibit photos and videos, background of building the aquarium, and education program summary.
- Privately owned zoo situated 10km south of Batemans Bay in the historic gold mining village of Mogo. Includes information on membership, group activities, experiences and pricing.
National Zoo and Aquarium
- Houses Australian native animals, exotic animals, freshwater and marine exhibits. Includes information on membership, conservation, education, opening hours and location.
Nowra Wildlife Park
- Located in Nowra NSW, on16 acres of property offering over 100 species of native Australian animals. Presents information on the park, school groups, functions and camping.
Oakvale Farm & Fauna World
- Salt Ash near Newcastle, New South Wales. Houses 150 different species of native and farm animals. Includes visitor information, description of activities, list of animals, and directions.
- New South Wales. Visitor information, facility map, exhibit and animal descriptions and photos, and education program contact information.
- Privately funded zoo in Western Australia working with the community to protect and conserve local wildlife. Includes prices and opening times and an online tour.
- Western Australia. Visitor information, facility map with exhibit photos and descriptions, history, special events, animal photos and descriptions, conservation information, and education program summary.
Reefworld Aquarium and Shark Swim
- Hervey Bay, Queensland. Location, contact information, and description of activities.
- New South Wales. Visitor information, facility map with exhibit photos and descriptions, animal articles, news and media information, and downloadable educational kits.
Taronga Conservation Society Australia
- Operates the Taronga Zoo, Sydney and the Western Plains Zoo, Dubbo. Visitor information, education program summary, animal photos, botanical garden care, conservation information,
Victoria's Three Great Zoos
- Melbourne Zoo, Healesville Sanctuary and Werribee Open Range Zoo. Visitor information, news, special events, conservation and research information, education program summary, and animal photos, descriptions and webcams.
Zoos South Australia
- Non-profit conservation charity providing education, and supporting and conducting many conservation, breeding and research programmes. Also runs Adelaide and Monarto Zoos.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 1:05:05 AM EST -