become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/Florida
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: Florida
Big Cat Rescue
- A non profit, big cat sanctuary dedicated to the permanent care of big cats in Tampa. Includes visitor information, photos and descriptions of the animals, and education program. Formerly known as WildLife on Easy Street.
- Melbourne. 450 animals representing 126 species. Features habitats of Latin American, native Floridian, and Australian animals, a free flight aviary, children's zoo and miniature train. Site has general information, a panoramic virtual tour and animal photos.
- Tampa Bay. News, accommodation guide, park information, and online ticket ordering for the African and wildlife themed park.
- Coconut Creek. The first and largest butterfly house in the US, featuring over 80 species of butterflies, hummingbird and lorikeet aviaries, and outdoor gardens.
Central Florida Zoological Park
- Sanford Lake Monroe near Orlando. 109 acres with 100 species including a butterfly garden, herpetarium, and domestic animal feeding area. Site has general information, education program details, animal photos, descriptions and coloring pages.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Enjoy a safari park ride, the festival of the lion king, the tree of life, and other animal attractions.
Everglades Safari Park
- Miami. Attractions include an alligator farm, airboat rides, and a jungle trail. Visitor information, facility photos and services.
The Florida Aquarium
- Tampa. Includes visitor information, aquarium map, event calendar, exhibit and animal photos and descriptions, and coloring pages and interactive games for children.
- Fort Walton Beach. Visitor information, live marine shows, and sections devoted entirely to dolphins and summer camp for kids. Includes searchable online database.
Forest Animal Rescue
- Zolfo Springs. A refuge and educational facility for exotic animals. Includes animal photos, member information, and opportunities to assist.
Gatorland Theme Park
- Orlando. Pictures, hours of operation, contact information, recipes, and links to a gator cam, kids pages,and an online gift shop.
Gulf Breeze Zoo
- Located near Pensacola. Over 900 animals on thirty acres in a botanical garden setting. Includes general information, rates and hours, school and camp fieldtrips, events, maps and photographs.
Gulf Specimen Marine Laboratories
- Panacea. Visitor and tour information, touch tank photos, and marine life story boards with photos and descriptions.
Homosassa Springs State Wildlife Park
- Extensive manatee wildlife park. Event and exhibit information, educational material, teaching guides and study program highlights.
Jacksonville Zoological Gardens
- General information, events, panoramic virtual tour, and animal photos and descriptions.
- Miami. Botanical bird sanctuary, wildlife habitat, and botanical garden. Educational programs, video tapes, and special events are featured.
Key West Aquarium
- Provides facility, tour and pricing information for this unique aquarium. Narrated tours, pettings, and live shark feedings offered.
Lion Country Safari
- Loxahatchee. Features a 500-acre drive-through wildlife preserve with over 1,000 different animals, an amusement park with rides, games, petting zoo, nature walks and animal exhibits. Site has general information, exhibit overview, animal photos and webcams.
Lubee Bat Conservancy
- International non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation of old-world fruit and nectar bats. Includes information on the Lubee Bat Center in Gainesville.
Marineland of Florida
- Marineland near St. Augustine. Includes visitor information, show schedule, exhibit list, dolphin encounter and diving program summary, and individual animal stories.
Marineland of Florida: The Way it Was
- A history of the Marine Studios and Marineland Park with hundreds of historic photos and a few showing what can be seen on the site now.
- Marine park established in 1955, offering shows and participatory programs concerned with marine biology, the oceans, and animals such as killer whales and dolphins. Prices for admission and swimming with dolphins, hours, FAQs.
- Miami. A protected habitat for endangered primates, where 400 animals roam free on 30 acres. Visitor information, news, animal photos and descriptions, and special show information.
Mote Marine Laboratory
- Sarasota. Information about shark and dolphin research, sea turtles, and other marine life indigenous to Florida waters. Site has a shark tank interactive camera, weather resources and aquarium hours.
Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens
- Naples. 52 acre botanical garden includes alligator, primate, and big cat exhibits. Site has general information, history, a virtual tour, animal and plant photos and descriptions, videos and an alligator webcam.
Ostego Bay Foundation and Marine Science Center
- Fort Myers Beach. Offers information on the marine science experience, manatee and dolphin conservation projects, dolphin behavior and the oil spill co-operative. Includes details of a summer camp for children.
Palm Beach Zoo at Dreher Park
- West Palm Beach. General information, history, events, and animal photos and descriptions.
Santa Fe Community College Teaching Zoo
- Gainesville. Directions, hours, tour information, animal photos and descriptions, special events, and information and FAQ on the Animal Technology Program.
- Includes park information, map with attraction descriptions, special programs, and animal information.
Silver Springs Nature Theme Park
- 350 acres includes glass bottom boats, children's playland, petting zoo, and botanical gardens. General information, attraction overview, special events, online store and park history.
St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park
- General information, exhibit overview, park map, animal photos, crocodilian and reptile FAQs, newsletter, and online store.
Tallahassee Museum of History and Natural Science
- Combining a natural habitat zoo of indigenous wildlife, historical buildings, and an environmental science center. Classes, hours, directions.
Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
- Features more than 2,000 animals, interactive exhibits, rides, shows, on-site dining and shopping. Site has general information, events, details of the animals and their habitats, education and group visits.
- 280 acres with 900 animals. General information, history, zoo map, and animal photos and descriptions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 5, 2016 at 17:29:31 UTC -