become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Zoos and Aquariums
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
Regional: North America: United States: California: Travel and Tourism
America's Teaching Zoo at Moorpark College
- Offers an exotic animal training and management program in Ventura County. Includes visitor information, student enrollment, history and program overview.
Aquarium of the Bay
- San Francisco. An educational facility dedicated to inspiring conservation of San Francisco Bay and marine environments, located adjacent to Pier 39. Visitor information, educational programs, and special events.
Aquarium of the Pacific
- Long Beach. General information, virtual tour with map and panoramic exhibit photos, news, animal photos and descriptions, webcams, education program summary, and behind the scenes information.
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- La Jolla. General information, history, conservation information with animal photos, descriptions, videos and webcams, monthly activity schedule, and education program summary.
Cabrillo High School Aquarium
- Lompoc near Santa Barbara. Visiting information, project history and future vision, exhibit photos and descriptions, education program videos and a webcam.
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
- San Pedro near Los Angeles. Visitor information, exhibit descriptions and photos, map, special events, and education program summary.
California Academy of Sciences
- San Francisco. Visitor information, exhibit descriptions with animal photos, history, penguin cam, and oceanography resources.
California Living Museum
- Bakersfield. Visitor information, special events, zoo map, and animal photos and descriptions.
Chaffee Zoological Gardens
- Fresno. Formerly known as Roeding Park Zoo. Features include rainforest, orangutan and tiger exhibits, a reptile house, and an animal encounter area for children. Site has general information, education programs, zoo history, animal photos and 100+ scientific descriptions.
Charles Paddock Zoo
- Atascadero. Information about visiting the zoo, membership, special events, and education.
Coyote Point Museum
- San Mateo near San Francisco. Includes wildlife habitats, a walk-through aviary, and theme gardens. Park offers playgrounds, picnic facilities, and walking and biking trails. Site has general information.
Folsom City Zoo
- Near Sacramento. Visitor information, education program summary, and photos and descriptions of animals at the zoo.
Folsom City Zoo, Friends of
- Non-profit support organization for the zoo. Includes membership information, history, and sponsors.
Happy Hollow Park and Zoo
- In addition to animal exhibits and a contact area, the park features a variety of children's rides, amusements, and a puppet theater. Site has general information, animal photos and descriptions. San Jose, California.
Have Trunk Will Travel
- Perris. Privately funded family organization providing the public with safe, educational and recreational access to elephants.
The Living Desert Wildlife and Botanical Park
- Palm Desert near Los Angeles. 600 animals from 145 species on a 1200 acre wilderness preserve dedicated to desert ecosystems. Site has general information, park history, conservation information and animal, plant and desert photos and descriptions.
Los Angeles Zoo
- 1200 animals housed on 113 acres, including a children's zoo. Site has general information, zoo history, California condor conservation efforts, and features animal photos, descriptions, videos and sound files.
Micke Grove Zoo
- Lodi near Sacramento. General information and animal sounds, pictures, and habitat information.
Monterey Bay Aquarium E-Quarium
- Monterey. Visitor information, map, exhibit photos, descriptions and updates, animal and plant photos, descriptions, videos, and webcams, special events, conservation information, education program summary and interactive games for children.
Moonridge Animal Park
- Includes information on the zoo, volunteers, and future expansion plans.
- 400 animals from 125 species housed on 525 acres. Park has a chairlift, a miniature train and a carousel. Site has general information, interactive games, animal photos, descriptions, sounds, videos and verbal discussions.
Orange County Zoo
- Orange. Find visitor information as well as animal photos and facts.
- Exhibits over 400 animals on 14 acres. General information, an animal photo gallery and fact sheets, and teacher resources.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
- 1800 acre wildlife preserve houses over 3500 animals representing 260 species and is a botanical garden. General information, interactive exhibit tour, animal photos and videos, education program summary, conservation information, and calendar of events.
San Diego Zoo
- 100 acres housing 4000 animals representing 800 species. General information, virtual exhibits, education program summary, conservation information, calendar of events, and animal photos, videos and a webcam.
San Francisco Zoo
- Houses 250 species and includes a children's zoo, miniature train and carousel. Site has general information, animal photos and descriptions, a virtual tour, conservation information, special events, and volunteering opportunities.
Santa Ana Zoo at Prentice Park
- Visitor information, virtual tour with photos and descriptions of exhibits and animals, news, and animal quiz.
Santa Barbara Zoo
- 600 animals representing more than 180 species housed on 16 acres. General information, animal photos and descriptions, zoo history, and a virtual tour.
SeaWorld San Diego
- Park and animal information, special programs, map with attraction descriptions, and online ticket sales.
Sequoia Park Zoo
- Eureka. Home to 100 animals on 5 acres, including a children's petting zoo. Site has general information and chimpanzee art.
Sierra Endangered Cat Haven
- Dunlap near Fresno. Home base of Project Survival, which is dedicated to helping researchers and conservationists in their efforts to protect wild cats. Visitor information, history, education program summary, animal photos and descriptions, and cat facts.
Six Flags Marine World
- Vallejo near San Francisco. Enjoy tigers, dolphins, sharks, elephants, giraffes, water rides, roller coasters, and family entertainment.
- Angeles National Forest. A 160 acre rescue and rehabilitation facility dedicated to public education. Tour information, special events, history, animal photos and descriptions, and sponsorship program.
Zoo To You Wildlife Education
- Paso Robles. A non-profit animal welfare facility that offers a wide variety of wildlife educational programs, bringing animals to schools. Contact information, program summary, individual animal photos and stories, and current projects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2013 at 17:38:38 UTC -