become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/Canada
Zoos and Aquariums
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Zoology: Zoos and Aquariums: North America: Canada
Regional: North America: Canada: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
Assiniboine Park Zoo
- Zoological garden in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Biodôme de Montreal
- Quebec. Visitor information, technology behind the scenes, exhibit and animal descriptions and photos, education program summary, and research project details.
- Small private zoo about 45min east of Toronto, aiming mostly at the entertainment of children.
- Zoo specializing in free-flying exotic tropical butterflies, finches and hummingbirds, in Coombs, British Columbia (north of Nanaimo, on the east coast of Vancouver Island).
- Alberta. Includes botanical garden and prehistoric park. Visitor information, news, conservation research and publications, education program summary, and elephant art.
- The Ecomuseum is an educational wildlife park located in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, Québec, Canada. It contains over 90 species of wildlife in their natural environment. Bilingual site (French and English).
Granby Zoo / Zoo de Granby
- Largest zoo in the Province of Québec, near Quebec City. [Bilingual site: French and English]
Greater Vancouver Zoo
- The largest zoo in British Columbia, in Aldergrove (about 30 mins east of Vancouver). It has over 800 animals on 120 acres of parkland.
Indian River Reptile Zoo
- Specialized zoo with more than 200 reptiles, near Peterborough, Ontario.
Jungle Cat World
- Small zoo specializing in exotic animals, near Orono, Ontario (45min east of Toronto).
Kamloops Wildlife Park
- Small wildlife park (70 species, mostly endangered) in the interior of British Columbia.
Magnetic Hill Zoo
- Atlantic Canada's largest zoo, in Moncton, New Brunswick. It contains more than 400 animals of over 90 different species.
- Theme park and aquarium in Niagara Falls, Ontario. It has a collection of killer and beluga whales.
- Drive-through and walk-through animal park in Hemmingford, Québec, 30min. south of Montréal (near the US border). It contains 90 exotic species (approx. 1000 animals). [English/French]
Tiger Paw Exotics
- Traveling mobile petting zoo and pony rides located in Ontario, Canada. Exotic animals and ponies make up the petting zoo, available for large events in Ontario, Canada.
- One of the largest zoos in North America. Includes information on conservation and education activities.
- This aquarium hosts a collection of marine invertebrates and fishes from the west coast of Vancouver Island.
Vancouver Aquarium - Marine Science Centre
- Visitor information, education program summary, gallery tour with photos and descriptions, research and conservation information, and a Beluga whale webcam.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 14, 2014 at 16:42:03 UTC -