become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammalogy/Primatology
Marmosets and Tamarins
Recreation: Pets: Exotic: Primates
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Primates
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Linguistic Anthropology: Ape Sign Language
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Experiments - Vivisection: Primates
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Primates
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters: Primates
- Live streaming video of and information about the orangutans and siamangs at the San Diego Zoo in San Diego, California.
African Primates At Home
- Images, audio, links and data about wild monkeys and apes studied by primatologist Dr. M.K. Holder in East Africa.
American Society of Primatologists
- Data on scientific primatology, research, conservation efforts, teaching aids and the society's book series.
Atlas of the Primate Brain
- Searchable database of stereotactic images of the primate brain for use as templates.
Australasian Primate Society
- This society aims to advance the study of primatology, both academic and applied, and promote ethical and responsible use of primates in scientific research.
The Bwindi-Impenetrable Great Ape Project
- Research in this National Park in Uganda centers on the ecological relationship of the mountain gorillas and the chimpanzees.
Comparative Anatomy and Physiology Brought Up to Date
- A comprehensive review of the scientific literature questioning whether humans are natural frugivores, vegetarians, omnivores or carnivores.
Courses on General Primate Biology, Primate Husbandry, Nutrition and Handling
- Advanced and specialised training courses for scientists, students, animal caretakers and other staff involved in primate research.
Duke University Lemur Center
- Conducts research on prosimian biology, conservation and evolution. Offers data on lemurs, lorises, pottos and bushbabies.
German Primate Center
- Showcases general information, research, photograph gallery, publications and news. Based in Göttingen.
Gibbon Research Lab
- Offers an introduction to the natural history of gibbons, review of systematics and singing behavior, images, articles and news.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Well illustrated on-line study guide for the human biology course at Georgia Perimeter College, with study questions.
Laboratory Primate Newsletter
- Quarterly publication about nonhuman primates for scientists who use these animals in their research. Archived issues from 1983.
New England Primate Research Center
- Biomedical research unit affiliated with Harvard University. Data about research and education activities.
Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Conducts basic and applied biomedical research with nonhuman primates. Research data and education programs.
Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Provide nonhuman primate resources for scientific programs. Includes information on the Center, research undertaken, how the animals are cared for and the research services provided.
- Comprehensive site that covers aspects of evolution, morphology, ecology, social behavior, communication, conservation and taxonomy.
- Digital cytoarchitectural atlas based on high-resolution images of serial sections of primate brains.
Primate Info Net
- Includes data on the International Primatological Society, fact sheets, publications, news and media resources and career opportunities in primatology.
Primate Research Institute
- Kyoto University's primate resources that include general information and photographs. Based in Japan.
Primate Society of Great Britain
- Promotes research of primate biology, conservation and management. Provides thorough coverage of the society's work.
- Research projects and their results in primatology and anthropology by Dr. Olav Roehrer-Ertl in Munich, Germany.
- A weblog run by primatologists, overviewing current news, books, videos and other media.
Psychoceramics: The Comparative Anatomy of Eating
- Article by Milton R Mills examining whether man is an omnivore
Putting Apes (Body and Language) Together Again
- A critique of two books on the language ability of non-human primates: “Apes, Language and Human Mind” by Savage-Rumbaugh and others, and “Being there: putting mind, world and body together again” by Andy Clarke. [PDF]
Regional Primate Research Center
- Conducts medical research using primates at Tulane University in Louisiana. Offers data about the facilities.
Theoretical Primatology Project
- Provides information about the project and includes newsletters, research and links.
Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center
- Center for biomedical and behavioral research with non-human primates at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 23, 2015 at 1:05:07 UTC -