become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammalogy/Primatology
Marmosets and Tamarins
Recreation: Pets: Exotic: Primates
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia: Primates
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology: Linguistic Anthropology: Ape Sign Language
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Animal Experiments - Vivisection: Primates
Society: Issues: Animal Welfare: Specific Animals: Primates
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters: Primates
- Live streaming video of and information about the orangutans and siamangs at the San Diego Zoo in San Diego, California.
African Primates At Home
- Images, audio, links and data about wild monkeys and apes studied by primatologist Dr. M.K. Holder in East Africa.
American Society of Primatologists
- Data on scientific primatology, research, conservation efforts, teaching aids and the society's book series.
Atlas of the Primate Brain
- Searchable database of stereotactic images of the primate brain for use as templates.
Australasian Primate Society
- This society aims to advance the study of primatology, both academic and applied, and promote ethical and responsible use of primates in scientific research.
The Bwindi-Impenetrable Great Ape Project
- Research in this National Park in Uganda centers on the ecological relationship of the mountain gorillas and the chimpanzees.
Cape Peninsula Baboon Research Unit
- Research focuses on baboons of the Cape Peninsula and surrounding areas and encompasses various aspects of baboon biology, including ecology, behaviour, genetics and evolution.
Comparative Anatomy and Physiology Brought Up to Date
- A comprehensive review of the scientific literature questioning whether humans are natural frugivores, vegetarians, omnivores or carnivores.
Courses on General Primate Biology, Primate Husbandry, Nutrition and Handling
- Advanced and specialised training courses for scientists, students, animal caretakers and other staff involved in primate research.
D Formenti’s Links: Primatology
- A comprehensive list of links relating to many aspects of the biology and conservation of primates. Also literary resource links.
Duke University Lemur Center
- Conducts research on prosimian biology, conservation and evolution. Offers data on lemurs, lorises, pottos and bushbabies.
German Primate Center
- Showcases general information, research, photograph gallery, publications and news. Based in Göttingen.
Gibbon Research Lab
- Offers an introduction to the natural history of gibbons, review of systematics and singing behavior, images, articles and news.
Great Ape Trust
- North America's largest research center dedicated to studying comparative cultures and the cognitive and communication abilities of bonobos, orangutans, gorillas and other primates.
Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Well illustrated on-line study guide for the human biology course at Georgia Perimeter College, with study questions.
INPRIMAT: Research Infrastructure to Promote Primate Molecular Biology
- A research project led by seven European institutions in primatology and molecular biology aiming to establish a phylogenetic collection of primate tissues and derivatives.
Laboratory Primate Newsletter
- Quarterly publication about nonhuman primates for scientists who use these animals in their research. Archived issues from 1983.
New England Primate Research Center
- Biomedical research unit affiliated with Harvard University. Data about research and education activities.
Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Conducts basic and applied biomedical research with nonhuman primates. Research data and education programs.
Oregon National Primate Research Center
- Provide nonhuman primate resources for scientific programs. Includes information on the Center, research undertaken, how the animals are cared for and the research services provided.
- Comprehensive site that covers aspects of evolution, morphology, ecology, social behavior, communication, conservation and taxonomy.
- Digital cytoarchitectural atlas based on high-resolution images of serial sections of primate brains.
Primate Info Net
- Includes data on the International Primatological Society, fact sheets, publications, news and media resources and career opportunities in primatology.
Primate Research Institute
- Kyoto University's primate resources that include general information and photographs. Based in Japan.
Primate Society of Great Britain
- Promotes research of primate biology, conservation and management. Provides thorough coverage of the society's work.
- Research projects and their results in primatology and anthropology by Dr. Olav Roehrer-Ertl in Munich, Germany.
- A weblog run by primatologists, overviewing current news, books, videos and other media.
Psychoceramics: The Comparative Anatomy of Eating
- Article by Milton R Mills examining whether man is an omnivore
Putting Apes (Body and Language) Together Again
- A critique of two books on the language ability of non-human primates: “Apes, Language and Human Mind” by Savage-Rumbaugh and others, and “Being there: putting mind, world and body together again” by Andy Clarke. [PDF]
Regional Primate Research Center
- Conducts medical research using primates at Tulane University in Louisiana. Offers data about the facilities.
Theoretical Primatology Project
- Provides information about the project and includes newsletters, research and links.
Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center
- Center for biomedical and behavioral research with non-human primates at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 19:04:22 UTC -