become an editor
the entire directory
only in Mammalogy/Marine_Mammals
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Marine Life
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals: Marine Mammals
This category in other languages:
Acoustics Monitoring Program - Bioacoustics
- A study to assess the potential of long range acoustic monitoring of marine mammals.
ACS - American Cetacean Society
- Publishes a journal “Whalewatcher” and provides online summaries of selected articles on cetaceans, and Fact Packs for schools. Also organizes whale watching trips for education and fundraising purposes.
Alliance of Marine Mammal Parks and Aquariums
- Provides an educational resource for marine mammals and their environments.
Biology Learning Center
- Resources on coral reefs, marine ecology, oceanography, dolphin biology, conservation, biodiversity and research expeditions.
Cascadia Research Collective
- This is a non-profit scientific and education organization founded primarily to conduct research needed to manage and protect threatened marine mammals.
European Cetacean Society
- This non-profit organization holds an annual conference with workshops for students and produces an on-line newsletter.
Foundation for Marine Environment Research Centre for Coastal Field Studies
- Conducts research into the ecology and habitat conditions of cetaceans.
Indonesia Oceanic Cetacean Program
- Includes visual and acoustic surveys, identifications of sensitive marine areas and ocean conservation initiatives.
Jaap's Marine Mammal Pages
- Classification, common names, biology, images, full text research, publications and news related to cetaceans and pinnipeds.
Lab of Sara J. Iverson
- Research on the physiology and ecology of marine mammals. Includes list of publications and field work image gallery.
- Dedicated to research on the free ranging species. Features information, pictures, publications and projects.
The Oceania Project
- This non-profit research and information organization is dedicated to raising awareness of Cetacea and the ocean environment. Research includes photo ID and genetic and DNA studies.
Society for Marine Mammalogy
- Evaluates and promotes the educational, scientific and managerial advancement of marine mammal science.
Tethys Research Institute
- Non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the marine environment. Offers field course data, publications and images.
- The Center for Cetacean Research and Conservation, CCRC, has undertaken studies on the biology, behavior, and ecology of a variety of cetaceans in the South Pacific and the Bahamas, including the Cook Islands Humpback Whale survey.
Whales and Dolphins
- Website showcases information and photographs concerning marine mammals with an emphasis on whales and dolphins.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 19, 2015 at 15:45:07 UTC -