become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chordates/Mammalogy
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Mammalogy
Rabbits and Hares
Health: Animal: Mammals
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Mammals
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Mammalia
Science: Biology: Genetics: Eukaryotic: Animal: Mammal
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Conservation: Mammals
American Museum of Natural History: Department of Mammalogy
- The department collects, archives and studies specimens of recent mammals and houses over 275,000 specimens, making it the third largest collection of recent mammals in the world.
Andean (Spectacled) Bear Research at Alto Choco
- Researchers at this reserve in Ecuador are studying the biology and activity patterns of these timid bears with a view to improving future reintroduction projects. [PDF]
Ask a Scientist: Bats and Echolocation
- How do bats identify their own echoes, or even their own young? Some possible answers.
Bear Center: Research
- Outline of current research being undertaken and a list of publications.
Biology of Reproduction
- A morphological and immunohistochemical comparison of mammary tissues from the short-tailed fruit bat and the mouse.
Biology of the Mammary Gland
- Comprehensive research on the mammary gland at the National Institutes of Health in Maryland. Includes the mammary genome anatomy project.
Black Bear Research
- Excerpts from the graduate theses of researchers at the University of Wisconsin who studied various aspects of the biology of the black bear.
Burke Museum: Mammalogy
- The mammalogy program develops and maintains the valuable collection of over 50,000 specimens and trains students in research based on the collection.
Comparative Mammalian Brain Collections
- Provides information on the brain and images of both complete and sectioned brains of over 175 species.
Department of Primatology, Max Planck Institute
- The department investigates issues related to the evolution of social systems, social behavior, cognitive abilities, and culture in apes.
Development of the Fetal Gonad and Reproductive System
- Outlines research by S Mackay at the University of Glasgow into gonadal development and differentiation using the opossum, Monodelphis domestica.
Goat Anatomy: Bones
- Animation showing the skeleton with each bone identified.
- The Italian Journal of Mammalogy accepts papers on original research in basic and applied mammalogy concerning living and fossil mammals. It publishes extensive articles, reviews and short communications.
Introduction to the Rodentia
- Notes on this large group of mammals which include mice, rats, beavers, muskrats, porcupines, woodchucks, chipmunks, squirrels, prairie dogs, marmots and chinchillas.
Mammalian Forelimb Homologies
- Animated image which illustrates the similarities in forelimb structure of several different mammal species.
- Part of a naturalist basic training course by John F. Pagels, Professor Emeritus of Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University. [PDF]
Mammalogy on the Web
- Introduction to the study of mammals, their skeletons and dentition, systematics, cladistics, evolution and classification, with a glossary and bibliography.
- The Australian Museum encourages research into the biology of Australian and Pacific mammals, has extensive collections and resources and will answer scientific enquiries.
- Notes on mammalian characteristics, ecological adaptation, social behavior and fossil history.
Mammals of Kansas
- An online recognition and educational guide. Includes descriptions and photographs.
Microbiology of the Rumen
- Information on the microbes that colonise the guts of higher animals and their ecology. [PDF]
Neural Mechanisms of Vocal Control in Bats.
- Research by Gerd Schuller aims to determine which brain structures are involved in eliciting or controlling motor reactions and behavioral patterns.
North American Bear Center
- The NABC aims to improve the understanding of bears through education, research and rehabilitation. This site provides biological information on black, grizzly and polar bears.
Polar Bear Specialist Group
- Members of the PBSG are all research scientists from the five nations signing the International Agreement on the Conservation of Polar Bears.
Roe Deer Research Group
- Details of the unusual reproductive strategy of embryonic diapause (delayed implantation) adopted by roe deer.
The Ruminant Digestive System
- Information on this system which is very different to that of non-ruminants, featuring a fermentation chamber housing millions of micro-organisms.
- Provides hundreds of QuickTime VR object movies and close-up images of mammal skulls and teeth along with pictures, sounds and anatomical information.
Whole Mouse Catalog
- Comprehensive guide to online resources of particular interest to scientific researchers using mice or rats in their work.
Wildlife Conservation Society : India
- The focus of WCS has been on studies of tiger behavior and the long-term population dynamics of tigers, leopards and their ungulate and primate prey species.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:05:07 AM EST -