become an editor
the entire directory
only in Chordates/Herpetology
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Living Things: Animals: Reptiles and Amphibians
Recreation: Pets: Reptiles and Amphibians
Shopping: Pets: Reptiles and Amphibians
This category in other languages:
Alabama Herpetological Atlas Project
- Includes species list, teacher's guide and project information.
Amphibian Information Centre
- Marc Staniszewski provides details of the biology, reproduction and captive care of frogs, toads, salamanders and newts.
- Tracks developments in the malformation and decline of amphibian populations in North America.
Amphibians and Reptiles of North Carolina
- Guide to the herpetofauna of North Carolina which includes photographs, descriptions and frog calls.
- A searchable online database of amphibians with much information relating to their biology and conservation.
California Academy of Sciences: Herpetology
- Undertakes research into reptiles and amphibians and offers a searchable database of herpetology collections.
Center for Reptile and Amphibian Conservation and Management
- Conservation materials and species accounts for herpetofauna of the Midwestern United States.
Crocodilian Biology Database
- Includes information on morphological adaptations and general biology of crocodilians.
- Promotes understanding of reptiles and amphibians in the wild and as well as captivity. Offers general information, forum and images.
Ecotoxicology of Tropical Amphibians
- Nicole Sookoo at the University of the West Indies has been testing the susceptibility of the frog, Physalaemus pustulosus, to various herbicides.
Florida Museum of Natural History Herpetology
- Programs and resources for native reptiles and amphibians. Includes checklists and events.
Great Lakes Declining Amphibians Working Group
- Group devoted to investigating the worldwide decline in amphibian population.
- Weekly published electronic newsletter about latest international scientific and conservation news on reptiles and amphibians.
Herper.com: Reptiles and Amphibians
- Articles, photographs and links related to herpetology, herpetoculture and herpetofauna.
Herpetological Conservation and Biology
- Journal dedicated to the conservation, ecology, and natural history of amphibians and reptiles. Open-access.
Herpetology at the American Museum of Natural History
- Department information, a list of collections and amphibian species of the world checklist.
Herpetology of Robert Jadin
- Dedicated to the conservation of reptiles and amphibians, this expeditionist's journal contains images, articles and stories.
- Comprehensive collection of internet links related to the study of reptiles and amphibians.
Herping The Trans-Pecos
- Pictorial tour of the species in several regions of west Texas. Images and notes on herpetofauna found in the area.
Herps of Texas
- Guide to the state's reptiles and amphibians. Includes information, photograph gallery and range maps.
Kansas Herp Atlas
- Species accounts for the state's reptiles and amphibians, forum, and links.
Mike's Herpetofauna Page
- Images and field notes of United States reptiles and amphibians by Mike Pingleton.
Names of North American Amphibians and Reptiles
- Translations of scientific names, list of description citations and data of persons honored in the nomenclature.
Northeast Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative
- NEARMI aims to determine the proportion of surveyed areas that are occupied by various species of amphibians and to estimate amphibian population sizes and trends.
Phyllomedusa: Journal of Neotropical Herpetology
- Publishes original research, short articles and review papers concerning the whole field of Herpetology and is available without charge.
- Australian based website that includes herpetology help information, images, reptile safari data and related links.
- Notes on the reproductive biology of reptiles, the amniotic egg and reptilian health problems. Also images and details of some Australian reptiles.
- Provides information about research projects being undertaken at the Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Introduction to the biology of snakes, turtles, lizards, alligators and crocodiles with a reptile quiz.
Reptiles and Amphibians of Coastal Southern California
- Illustrated guide to all native and introduced species by Robert N. Fisher, Ted J. Case and Chris Brown.
Reptiles and Amphibians of Iowa
- A photographic field guide and detailed account of Iowan reptiles and amphibians as well as related links.
Reptiles and Amphibians of Minnesota
- Photographic field guides and detailed accounts of the reptiles and amphibians that reside in the area.
Reptiles Down Under
- News, information, articles and images concerning Australian reptiles, amphibians as well as herpetology.
Reptiles of British Columbia
- Information on the reptiles found in the region. Includes species descriptions, images, range maps and related links.
- Provides details of Sara's herpetological research on the phylogeography and phylogenetics of the milk snake, Lampropeltis triangulum as well as on snake evolution.
A Silver Bullet?
- Biologist Reid Harris is studying the chytrid fungus that is imperiling up to one third of the world’s amphibian populations.
- Article from Wikipedia discussing the morphology, nomenclature, arrangement and importance of snake scales.
South Asian Herpetology
- Supports the discussion of reptiles and amphibians in Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal and Bhutan.
Thermoregulatory Associated Skin Color Changes
- Researchers at the Tattersall Laboratory are investigating the relationship between skin color and the ambient temperature in a South American frog.
West Virginia Herpetology
- Thomas Pauley's lab at Marshall University includes a complete guide to amphibians and reptiles in the state.
- John Sullivan's small collection of images and notes about reptiles and amphibians from around the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2015 at 15:24:10 UTC -