become an editor
the entire directory
only in Entomology/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Zoology: Arthropoda: Entomology: Research Groups and Centers
California Academy of Sciences: Entomology
- Houses one of the largest entomology collections in North America. Provides information on current research projects.
Cornell University: Sarkaria Institute of Insect Physiology and Toxicology
- Aims to understand the physiology and toxicology of insects and to apply the resulting knowledge to real-life problems in pest management and environmental protection.
Harper Adams University College: Nematology and Entomology
- Provides details of current research projects, specialist facilities and publications.
Institute of Entomology
- Undertakes basic and applied research including the areas where insects serve as suitable models for the solution of general biological problems.
Keele University: Centre for Applied Entomology and Parasitology
- Research is mainly focused on the chemical ecology of thrips, chemical ecology of whiteflies, fish immunology, parasite-insect endocrine interactions and the transmission of malaria by mosquitoes.
Loyola College, Chennai, India: Entomology Research Institute
- Provides information on the research being undertaken, the personnel and their publications.
National Taiwan University: Institute of Entomology
- Research interests include insect genetics, ecology, evolution, physiology, taxonomy, behavior, molecular pathology, molecular and developmental biology and pest management.
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles: Entomology
- Houses a collection of more than 5 million specimens of insects and spiders. Research on systematics, studying species and their relationships, the evolution of major groups and fossil insects in amber.
Penn State University: Entomology
- Research is focused on chemical and molecular ecology, biodiversity and pest management and insect-host interactions.
University of Kentucky: Entomology
- Research areas include insect molecular biology, physiology, and genetics, insect behavior, ecology and evolution, pest management and applied ecology.
University of Pisa: Agricultural Entomology Section
- Main research fields are the eco-ethology, biological control and integrated management of insect and other animal pests, biosystematics, faunistics and functional morphology of several groups of insects, apiculture and apidology.
University of Sheffield: Evolutionary and Ecological Entomology
- Researching the evolutionary ecology of reproduction, immunology and life histories of insects.
Walter Reed Biosystematics Unit
- Conducts systematics research on medically important arthropods and maintains the US mosquito collection. Located at the Smithsonian Institution in Suitland, Maryland, USA.
Zhejiang University: Institute of Insect Sciences
- Research areas include insect systematics, chemical and molecular ecology, insect physiology and molecular biology, conservation and utilization of beneficial insects, and integrated pest management.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:49:26 AM EST -