become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biology/Theoretical_Biology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Theoretical Biology
Computers: Artificial Life
Science: Biology: Biophysics
Science: Social Sciences: Cognitive Science
Science: Technology: Cybernetics
Society: Philosophy: Philosophy of Mind
Careers in Theoretical Biology
- Guidance brochure for high school and undergraduate students. Defines theoretical biology, gives examples of its application, and provides advice on preparing for a career in the field.
- Home page of a theoretical biologist with general interests in Philosophy of Nature, Philosophy of Science, and Science Studies, and research interests in artificial life and theoretical biology. Links to online papers, other resources, and to the Center for the Philosophy of Nature and Science Studies.
- Home page of a theoretical neurobiologist at Swinburne University of Technology. Papers on theoretical models of the mammalian electroencephalogram and related lecture notes (medical imaging, physiological modeling).
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology: Princeton University
- Carries out research in a range of areas including molecular evolution, behavioural ecology, the dynamics of communities and populations, and conservation biology. Includes details of graduate and undergraduate programs.
Dr. Till Bretschneider
- Homepage of Dr. Bretschneider, researcher in the field of theoretical biology. It includes research activities and publications.
Honig Lab at Columbia University
- Research combines computational biophysics and bioinformatics to aid in understanding the structural, physical, and chemical basis of a wide range of biological phenomena, with a focus on protein structure and function. Includes publications list and information on software developed by the group.
Immunoligical Identification of Gut Pathogens and Commensals
- Article discussing how the lining of the gut distinguishes harmful from beneficial gut microbes in a nonmolecular way by detecting how they interact with the epithelium.
Molecular Information Theory
- The theory of molecular machines from the NIH Laboratory of Computational and Experimental Biology.
- Exploring the wonderful world of systems biology research through the eyes of an outsider.
Random Variations to Biological Choice
- Philosophical speculations on physics and biology.
Savillo, Isidro T.
- Theoretical biologist, here introducing some basic concepts in molecular and cell biology and challenging various well known biological theories, principles or beliefs.
Short Courses on the Mathematics of Biological Complexity
- Three short courses will be held at the University of Tennessee to give biologists a rapid introduction to the mathematical and computational topics appropriate for understanding current research in biological complexity.
Theoretical Biology and Biophysics (T-10)
- The Theoretical Biology and Biophysics Group (T-10) at Los Alamos National Laboratory focuses on the modeling of biological systems and the analysis and informatics of molecular and cellular biological data.
Theoretical Biology at Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Formal models in ecology, spatial pattern formation, (molecular) evolution, immunology, and ethology. Formalisms range from mathematical models, cellular automata, genetic algorithms, to discrete-event individual-oriented simulation models. Bioinformatic approach typically involves spatial, multi-leveled models with many interacting entities whose behavior is determined by local information.
Theoretical Biology Groningen
- Focuses on competition and natural selection, more specifically evolutionary game theory, life history theory, sexual selection, sex allocation, metapopulation genetics, resource competition, and interference competition.
Theoretical Biology of Systems
- The research group of Athel Cornish-Bowden are interested in the definition of life, especially in relation to the (M,R) systems of Robert Rosen, and also in metabolic regulation and control.
Theory of Asynchronous Evolution
- Vigen A. Geodakian puts forward his theory which contradicts Darwin’s theory of sexual selection and explains and predicts sexual dimorphism.
University of Lund
- Department of Theoretical Ecology. Members, teaching and research.
University of Vienna
- Department of Theoretical Biology. Staff, research projects and resources.
- Blog for researchers interested in systems biology domains and system factors and mechanisms and in particular, bioinformatic annotation.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Department of Theoretical Biology. A do-it-yourself online course in 'methods in theoretical biology' and yearly organised online courses on the Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) theory of the development and growth of organisms.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 25, 2013 11:40:45 PM EST -