become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biology/Reference
Health: Medicine: Reference
This category in other languages:
AllExperts Biology Q&A
- Directory of scientists and scholars volunteering to answer questions in a variety of biological fields.
Arctic Theme Page
- Arctic sea ice ecology, organisms from bacteria, viruses, and unicellular algae to mammals (polar bears, reindeer, fox, whales) text, maps and photographs (current and historical). NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) site provides access to widely distributed Arctic data and information for scientists, managers, decision makers and the general public on one of the last remaining frontiers.
- Definitions for about 400 biotechnology terms, from Bio-Informer software.
- Dictionary, links and tutorials on cell biology, genetics, genetics and evolution, control of growth and development, regulation of biological systems, adaptation and freshwater ecology.
- Explains biological concepts in hundreds of illustrated articles arranged alphabetically.
- Features websites that contain biological information or resources for biologists, zoologists, or botanists.
Cell and Molecular Biology Online
- An all-around reference site for the field with educational, technical, and professional net resources.
Community of Science
- Network of scientists and their institutions geared toward publicizing research, collaboration, and funding opportunities - from Johns Hopkins Univ.
- Provides definitions of words used in the study of ecology to enable people to better understand discussions on environmental subjects.
Functional Genomics Glossary and Taxonomy
- Resources in this field including evolving terminology for emerging technologies.
- Text and similarity searching of the GenBank sequence database provided by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI).
- Genomic terminology defined and hierarchically related, from Cambridge Healthtech Institute. Emphasis is on biotechnology and pharmaceutical applications, proteomics, informatics, technologies, instrumentation and molecular biology.
Information Hyperlinked over Proteins
- iHOP is a free service that provides a network of genes and proteins as a route to accessing millions of abstracts in PubMed.
Model Organisms WWW Virtual Library
- Guide to web resources for all major model organisms, including Drosophila (fly), C. elegans (worm), mouse, zebrafish, E. coli, Dictylostelium, and Arabidopsis.
- Aims to promote the sharing of information among researchers and groups who are working in biology and biological engineering. Provides information on labs and groups, courses, protocols and blogs.
Science Advisory Board
- An international community of scientific and medical experts, representing hundreds of countries and disciplines: molecular biologists to cardiac surgeons, from biochemists to nurse managers.
Virtual Library: Biosciences
- Directory of the Virtual Library, an expert-run catalog of sections of the web.
Usenet bionet.announce -
Usenet bionet.general -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2016 at 1:24:20 UTC -