become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurobiology/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Neurobiology: Research Groups and Centers
Grant Making Foundations
Science: Biology: Neurobiology: Academic Departments
Science: Biology: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
Blanchette Rockefeller Neurosciences Institute
- Non-profit institute studying human memory and memory disorders and promoting the translation of resulting discoveries to practical medical applications.
Brain Dynamics Center
- Studies brain disorders including ADHD, post-traumatic stress disorder, social phobia, schizophrenia, borderline personality disorder, Parkinson's disease and traumatic brain injury.
The Brain Research Institute
- An interdisciplinary research center devoted to the study of the neural mechanisms of higher mental function.
- University initiative to raise the profile of neuroscience at Cambridge by enhancing multi-disciplinary research and teaching across the University and affiliated Institutes.
Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain (CMPB)
- The central aim of the CMPB is the detailed analysis of defined molecular processes and interactions in nerve cell in order to develop and improve therapies for psychiatric, neurological and neurodegenerative disorders
Center for Neurobiological Science
- CNS, in association with the Brain Research and Information Network (BRAIN), is dedicated to conducting research on brain health from the perspective of contemporary neurobiology.
Center for Neuroregeneration Research
- Working on developing therapies for Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, Huntington's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and related disorders.
Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience
- A multidisciplinary research coalition at the University of Mississippi Medical Center including Cellular Neuroimaging, Behavioral Studies, Human Brain Collection, and Molecular Biology themes
Center for Visual Sciences: UC Davis
- Research at the Center covers all aspects of vision science and aims to foster collaborative interactions between clinical and basic scientists within the fields of ophthalmology and neuroscience.
Centre for Neuroscience, Flinders University, Adelaide Australia
- Research center for cognitive neuroscience, sensory systems, autonomic nervous system, addiction, circadian rhythms, epilepsy
Centre for Research in Neuroscience
- Located in the Research Institute of the Montreal General Hospital, a teaching hospital with the McGill University Health Centre. The CRN offers a program designed to train pre-doctoral students for an M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Neuroscience, as well as M.D.'s for careers as physician-scientists.
The CNS Technology Lab, Boston University
- Research addresses two main problems; how does the brain control behavior, and how can technology emulate biological intelligence.
- Provides details of the faculty, departments, institutes and facilities at the Columbia University Medical Center.
Computational Neurobiology and Imaging Center
- CNIC researchers study the relationships between neural function and structure at levels ranging from the molecular and cellular, through network organization of the brain.
Computational Neurobiology Laboratory at the Salk Institute
- Offering highly specialized information on Neurocomputing and simulators; part of the site requires membership
Computational Neuroscience at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences
- Research group focusing on single neuron and network modeling, visual pathway, rate models and local field potential.
Department of Neurophysiology at Ruhr-Univ. Bochum
- Located at the institute for physiology at Ruhr-University Bochum. Areas of research include signal transmission, visual cortex, and computational neuroscience.
Department of Anatomy & Neurobiology at UMBC
- Research at the University of Maryland in Baltimore includes the senses, neural networks, electrophysiology, development, neuroendocrinology and advanced imaging techniques.
Department of Neuroscience - Psychiatry
- Multidisciplinary department at the University of North Dakota which includes psychiatry and behavioral science, neurology, neurosurgery, neuropharmacology and neuroradiology.
Duke Division of Neurology
- Treatment and research of the most complex neurological disorders, including neuropathy, epilepsy, sleep, myasthenia gravis, and neurodegenerative disease.
European Neuroscience Institute
- A research institute for neuroscience in Goettingen, Germany. Part of a European research network. The associated graduate school has programs in fundamental neuroscience.
Experimental and Computational Neurosciences
- ECN is a multidisciplinary group working at the Institute of Cybernetics of Italian CNR in the field of neurosciences. The main areas of research include computer simulation of synaptic transmission, neural networks, parallel computation and the immuno-histochemistry of the brain.
- Research at this neurogenetics laboratory at the University of Illinois at Chicago is focused on understanding how the brain forms functional connections and processes information.
Georgia Institute of Technology: Laboratory for Neuroengineering
- Interdisciplinary research teams at the Institute bring together the study of wet-lab biomaterials, neurobiology, electronics, neuroimaging, modeling and multi-dimensional data analysis.
Glaucoma Cell Biology Laboratory
- Dr. Markus Kuehn at the University of Iowa is leading research into determining the cellular events that lead to retinal neurodegeneration during glaucoma, retinal ischemia and optic neuropathies.
- Research programs and members of the laboratory of Prof. Mike Gutnick and Dr. Ilya Fleidervish in the Koret School of Veterinary Medicine, The Hebrew University, Rehovot, Israel
The Human Neurodiversity Laboratory
- Outlines the research being undertaken at Dr. Mark Eckert's neuroimaging laboratory which is focused on understanding the neural basis for individual differences in cognition.
Human Sensorimotor Control Laboratory
- The University of Minnesota lab's research is concerned with the neural control of human movement during development and in neurological disease.
Institute of Cellular and Integrative Neurosciences (INCI)
- Research at INCI aims to understand the development and function of the nervous and neuroendocrine systems. University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg, France.
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience
- The ICN is an interdisciplinary research institute at University College, London. It studies how mental processes relate to the human brain, in health and disease, for adults and children.
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences
- Information about the Institute and its neuropharmacological research, including psychotropic drugs.
Interdisciplinary Center for Neural Computation
- The ICNC at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem where faculty and students are involved in creating new approaches to solving the mysteries of the brain.
Intracranial EEG and Brain Imaging Research Group
- Interdisciplinary neurobiological research based on intracranial EEG and functional brain imaging at the University of Freiburg, Germany.
Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology
- Multi-disciplinary research centre at Bristol University with interests from the most basic molecular biology to clinical endocrinology.
Laboratory for Advanced Brain Signal Processing
- The Laboratory for Advanced Brain Signal Processing investigates and develops tools and software for analysis, extraction, enhancement, de-noising detection, localization, recognition and classification of brain signals and patterns.
Laboratory for Speech Physiology and Motor Control
- Research into the neurobiology of speech production and speech disorders (in particular stuttering), at the University of Wahington.
The Laboratory of Neuroheuristics
- A new path towards understanding brain functions through a transdisciplinary approach uniting neuroscience, physiology and computer science.
Larry Head Institute, L.L.C.
- Electroneurodiagnostic Training Courses for beginning and experienced Technologists. (Monroe, Michigan)
LONI: Laboratory of Neuro Imaging
- This lab at UCLA does research into the relationship between brain structure and function using image data.
The MIND Institute
- A consortium of neuroscientists dedicated to finding better way to treat, and ultimately cure, mental illness through understanding the mind and brain.
MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity
- A consortium between the Medical Research Council and the University of Bristol, performing research into mechanisms by which neurons alter their synaptic strength and their relation to learning and memory.
The Myelin Group
- Research concerning the correct formation and maintenance of the myelin sheath. Includes publications, members, photo gallery, and views and opinions. University of Oulu.
Nachum Dafny / Alan Swann
- The Dafny/Swann lab works on the neuronal mechanisms and pathways involved with drug addiction, with a focus on rodent models.
Neuroscience at USUHS
- The Website of the Neuroscience Program at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, MD.
The Neurosciences Institute
- Independent scientific research institution dedicated to increasing knowledge of the biological basis for brain function.
North Pacific Epilepsy Research
- Dr. Mark Yerby undertakes clinical and epidemiological research in epilepsy, particularly the study of antiepileptic drugs, epilepsy and pregnancy. Portland, Oregon.
Penn State Hershey Neuroscience Institute
- Aims to foster collaboration among the neuroscience-related departments and divisions within both the Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine.
Redwood Neuroscience Institute
- RNI is a nonprofit scientific research organization studying and promoting biologically accurate mathematical models of memory and cognition.
Research Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain
- Concerned with analysis of molecular processes and interactions in nerve cell to develop and improve therapies for psychiatric, neurological and neurodegenerative disorders.
Self-organization in Adaptive Systems Department of Nonlinear Dynamics
- Herrmann lab at the Max-Planck-Institute for Dynamics and Self-Organization, Germany. Research includes self-organized criticality in behavioral control and in the activity dynamics of neural networks, and computational modeling in cognitive psychology.
Sharkey Laboratory: University of Calgary, Canada.
- Dr. Keith Sharkey and his colleagues are studying the nervous system of the gastrointestinal tract in health and disease, especially the role of nerves in intestinal inflammation.
Southampton Neuroscience Group
- Listing of researchers and outlines of research interests, aspects of current research projects, 3-D structures of neurons and software.
Stanford University: Tsien Lab
- This lab, in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, does research on synaptic transmission, signal transduction and pathophysiology of calcium channels.
Swartz Center for Computational Neuroscience
- Applying advanced computational approaches to the study of human cognitive neuroscience data, including EEG, fMRI and concurrent EEG/fMRI.
- Department of Neuroscience and Neurology at the University of Kuopio in Finland.
University François Rabelais of Tours: Inserm
- Undertakes research into normal and abnormal cerebral development from the perinatal period to adulthood. In French and English.
University Medical Center, Utrecht: Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology
- The research mission is to discover and delineate mechanisms and processes which are fundamental to the development of neural systems and to the control of behavior.
University of Auckland. Neurophysiology Studies
- Research groups include Auditory Neuroscience; Molecular Neurophysiology; Confocal and Multiphoton Imaging Group; Molecular Vision group, etc.
Visual Information Processing Group
- Research in the area of representation, analysis, recognition, storage and retrieval of visual information such as images, video and audio.
Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging at UCL
- Provides information on the Centre, the research being undertaken, the investigators, news and events.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 20, 2013 at 6:15:05 UTC -