become an editor
the entire directory
only in Neurobiology/Addiction
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Neurobiology: Addiction
Health: Addictions: Substance Abuse
"Drugs, Brain & Behavior" online textbook.
- This is the entire content (text and figures) of a textbook that was entitled 'Principles of Behavioral Pharmacology'. The authors are professors at Rutgers and Drew Universities in New Jersey.
- Information from Wikipedia on this condition which involves the excessive physical or psychological dependence on something.
- Articles and health studies about addiction and alcoholism, including the most recent scientific and medical findings.
Alcohol and Adolescent Brain Development
- Article exploring recent scientific evidence that alcohol affects adolescents and adults differently, and discussing findings regarding adolescent brain development.
Journal of Psychopharmacology
- Peer-reviewed, international journal that publishes original research and review articles on preclinical and clinical aspects of psychopharmacology, the study of the effects of substances on the brain.
- Undertakes research into the molecular basis of addiction and schizophrenia to create new clinically relevant diagnostic tools and treatments.
National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Comprehensive web-site with research and treatment reports and news. Includes a site for teachers and students with educational materials. Fact sheets on drug abuse, including the most recent economic costs report.
Society for Neuroscience Brain Briefings
- For the layperson interested in the science behind addiction: and in the brain in general. Current topics include: Nicotine and the brain, Addictions path, the brains stash, and the opiate receptor.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 29, 2013 at 18:05:03 UTC -