the entire directory
only in Biology/Neurobiology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Neurobiology
Research Groups and Centers
Business: Healthcare: Products and Services: Medical Equipment
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Neurology
Science: Biology: Biophysics
Science: Biology: Theoretical Biology
Science: Technology: Biomedical Engineering
This category in other languages:
Advanced Brain Monitoring
- Develops portable devices that interpret electrical activity and identify levels of alertness or drowsiness.
- Innovators in digital EEG and MEG software for research and clinical applications.
Biophysics of Neuronal Computation
- Using the detailed biophysics and microanatomy of cortical neurons to study their complexity from an information theory point of view - from the California Inst. of Technology.
Brain and Behavior, from Serendip
- Interactive exhibits, forum, and links aimed at exploring the observational basis and significance of the assertion that the nervous system underlies all aspects of human behavior and experience.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about the brain and the mind, but were afraid to ask.
- Provides a searchable facility to help identify structures in the brain.
CNS Healthcare - Clinical Neuroscience Solutions
- Advanced evaluations, treatments, monitoring, education, for those with psychiatric and neurological diseases.
Center for Consciousness Studies
- Interdisciplinary program promoting open, scientifically rigorous discussions of all phenomena related to the mind. Includes course, conference and workshop listings - from the Univ. of Arizona.
Contemporary Philosophy of Mind
- An annotated bibliography of recent work in the philosophy of mind, philosophy of cognitive science, philosophy of artificial intelligence, and on consciousness in the sciences.
Ear & Brain Seminar
- Describes people and projects on hearing and balance research in Germany.
- Offering a compilation of current research on: genetics, brain and mind.
Imaging the Deaf Brain
- A research project exploring how British Sign Language (BSL) is processed by deaf people, with BSL translations of findings to date.
- A practical guide to the art of microiontophoresis employed in neuroscience research.
- Contract research firm specializing in testing the functional efficacy of potential CNS therapeutics in animal models, with an additional focus on behavioural evaluation of genetically altered animals.
- Interactive graphical database which provides structural, molecular, and genetic information on the adult murine nervous system and its relevance to human neurobiology.
- Information from Wikipedia on the study of the nervous system and the organization of cells into functional circuits that process information and mediate behavior.
Neuromuscular Disease Center: Washington University, St Louis
- The Center provides a neuromuscular clinic, an electrodiagnostic service and a clinical laboratory. Includes detailed information on neuromuscular diseases and syndromes.
- Discussions on current neuroscience education and research.
Neuroscience on the Internet
- A searchable and browsable index of neuroscience resources available on the Internet.
- Examine everything from how neurons communicate with each other to the physiological processes that govern the way we act and think. From About.com.
- Information on neurotrophic factors.
- Current understanding of the physiological basis for olfaction (sense of smell) and the possible molecular interactions that specify odorant signaling.
Research Network on Early Experience & Brain Development
- Strives to be inter- and multi-disciplinary by drawing on experts from developmental psychology, developmental neurobiology, and developmental/behavioral pediatrics.
Scientific American Frontiers
- Learn more about the fascinating human brain and uncover startling new evidence of our brain's ability to change, plus, take a virtual tour of the famous organ.
- Provides systems for quantification of neural structure and develops automated tools for understanding the neural basis of cognition. Also provides stereology and consulting services.
The Brain Page
- Eclectic collection of thought-provoking, quasi-scientific opinions on brain function.
Brain News and Views
- Original news reports, magazine articles, commentary and book announcements on brain-science topics for the general reader from the Dana Foundation. [RSS]
Usenet bionet.neuroscience -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, February 18, 2013 2:47:14 AM EST -