become an editor
the entire directory
only in Microbiology/Virology
Research Groups and Centers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Immune Disorders
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases: Viral
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Infectious Diseases
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Viruses
Science: Biology: Theoretical Biology
This category in other languages:
All the Virology on the WWW
- Links to virology information, collection of virus pictures, virology bookshop, jobs, and course notes.
American Society for Virology
- A forum for investigators of human, animal, insect, plant, fungal and bacterial viruses in areas such as clinical, ecological, biological or biochemical research.
- Database of antiviral drugs and vaccines. It regroups over 1700 product files containing detailed information on compounds and vaccines related to the prevention or treatment of viral diseases. Subscription needed.
- Technical knowledge, information, newsgroup, helpful in using the Baculovirus expression vector system and insect cell expression.
Blogging for Bacteriophages
- Blog by Tim Sampson who takes a look at recent developments in the world of microbiology.
Chicken Flu: Recombinant Genes on the Loose
- Information regarding viral genes, replication, and strain evolution. Written in 1997 but updated in 2005.
EVA: European Virus Archive
- Project aiming to create a European network of high calibre laboratories with the expertise to collect, amplify, characterise, standardise, authenticate, distribute and track all viruses.
Hidden Killers--Deadly Viruses
- Basics about viruses, our bodies' immune systems, information about specific viruses, and how these 'hidden killers' could potentially be used as bio-weapons. There are also weekly/bi-weekly feature articles on various facets that involve viruses.
HIV Sequence Database
- Collection HIV and related genetic sequence data and computer analyses - from the Los Alamos Natl. Lab.
Introduction to Molecular Virology
- Prepared by virologist Ed Rybicki of the Department of Microbiology at the University of Cape Town, South Africa.
The Journal of Virology Online
- Online version of the Journal of Virology, the premier journal for peer-reviewed papers on virology research.
- Scientific findings, clinical therapies research, and public health aspects on viruses of medical importance.
The Molecules of HIV
- The life cycle, immune response, and schematic diagram of the human immuno-deficiency virus.
A New Germ Theory
- The dictates of evolution virtually demand that the causes of some of humanity's chronic and most baffling "noninfectious" illnesses will turn out to be pathogens -- that is the radical view of a prominent evolutionary biologist.
- Information from Wikipedia on these negative-sense single-stranded RNA viruses, responsible for a number of human and animal diseases, including their taxonomy, morphology and pathogenesis.
The Phage Phorum
- A place to find general information regarding biophages and an open discussion of topics related to biophages.
Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource
- The Poxvirus Bioinformatics Resource Center has been established to provide resources to the scientific community for basic research and to facilitate the development of novel antiviral therapies and vaccines against human orthopoxvirus infections as well as approaches for environmental detection of virions and the rapid diagnosis of disease.
- A peer reviewed journal that publishes reviews and original research on retroviruses.
Seminars in Virology
- Review journal dedicated to keeping scientists informed of developments in the field of virology on a topic by topic basis.
- Lecture presentation on the replication of viruses within animals cells.
- Information from Wikipedia on the attachment, entry, and expression of viral genomic material in host cells.
- Description of the hepatitis virus replication process.
- This journal publishes the results of basic research in all branches of virology, including the viruses of vertebrates and invertebrates, plants, bacteria, and yeasts/fungi.
Virology Down Under
- An Australian based portal and educational site providing links and information on human viruses and related areas of science.
Virus Databases Online
- A comprehensive index of viruses provided by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses. Also provides a picture gallery, identification tool and software tools.
- Specialists in the design and manufacture of virus related antibodies and antigens. A full range of laboratory services is available that includes infectious dose determination, viral protein purification and custom antibody production.
Wadsworth Center - New York State Department of Health
- Information and images regarding; Rabies virus, Herpes virus, Enteroviruses, Norwalk virus, Human Parvovirus B19 and Rotavirus.
Usenet bionet.virology -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 14:05:09 UTC -