become an editor
the entire directory
only in Publications/Journals
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Microbiology: Publications: Journals
Science: Biology: Publications: Journals
Science: Publications: Journals
- This multi-disciplinary journal provides a unique forum for research on the biology of anaerobic microorganisms. It focuses on life processes in strict anaerobes and anaerobic activities of facultative or microaerophilic bacteria, fungi, and protozoa.
Applied and Environmental Microbiology
- American Society for Microbiology journal specialising in environmental/food microbiology and general applied microbiology.
- International microbiological journal devoted to original research as well as review articles dealing with all aspects of research on the archaea.
- The first on-line journal about chromogenic and fluorogenic assays in microbiology. The use of chromogenic culture media in microbiology
Current Issues in Intestinal Microbiology
- Publishes review papers in all areas of intestinal microbiology pertaining to human and other animal systems, including: microbial ecology, pathogenic organisms, probiotics and prebiotics.
Current Issues in Molecular Biology
- Journal publishing review papers, original research papers and short communications in all areas of molecular biology and molecular microbiology.
- Topics included topics are general, medical, and applied microbiology and virology and span the disciplines of physiology, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, morphology, taxonomy, diagnostic methods, and immunology as applied to microorganisms.
Enzyme and Microbial Technology
- Publishing original research and reviews on basic and applied aspects of the use of enzymes and microorganisms, including bacteria, fungi, algae, yeasts, protozoa, viruses, animal and plant cells.
- bimonthly journal that commenced publication in February 2002 in both print and online formats, presents reports of basic research on simple eukaryotic microorganisms such as yeasts, fungi, algae, protozoa, and social amoebae.
- FEMS publishes five journals in the field of microbiology. The latest addition being FEMS Yeast Research. Provides access to pre-print articles (articles in press) and final full text.
- Articles and news dealing with all aspects of the microbiology of foods.
Infection and Immunity
- American Society for Microbiology journal covering all aspects of infectious disease plus clinical immunology
Infection, Genetics and Evolution
- Infection, Genetics and Evolution is a scientific journal with a focus on molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics in infectious diseases (Meegid). The journal is supported by the new Meegid society.
International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology
- provides articles on systematics of bacteria, yeasts and yeast-like organisms, including taxonomy, nomenclature, identification, phylogeny, evolution, biodiversity, characterization and culture preservation.
- The official Journal of the Spanish Society for Microbiology. The fields covered include microorganisms, microbial biology (physiology, ecology, morphology, taxonomy, genetics, pathogenesis) and microbial applications (environmental, soil, industrial, food, medical microbiology, biodeterioration, bioremediation, biotechnology).
Journal of Bacteriology
- American Society of Microbiology journal covering all aspects of bacteriology
Journal of Basic Microbiology
- The journal publishes results of fundamental research on procariotic and eucariotic microorganisms. Particular consideration is given to papers dealing with general aspects of microbial physiology, biochemistry, cytology, genetics, ecology, taxonomy, virology and biotechnology.
Journal of Clinical Microbiology
- Publishes current research on the microbiological aspects of human and animal infections and infestations, with emphasis on their etiologic agents, diagnosis, and epidemiology. Instructions for authors and reviewers, lists of articles from recent issues.
The Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology
- Published bi-monthly by the Society of Protozoologists, publishes original research on protists, including lower algae and fungi. Subscription information, instructions for authors and reviewers, and abstracts from recent volumes.
Journal of Medical Microbiology
- Journal of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Covers medical, dental and veterinary microbiology and infective diseases, including bacteriology, virology, parasitology, and mycology.
Journal of Microbiological Methods
- The only journal in microbiology dedicated exclusively to methodology and protocols, covers all disciplines including genomics, proteomics and micro-array technology. Free full text to special issues.
Journal of Microbiology Epidemiology and Immunobiology
- Includes peer-reviewed theoretical, analytic and experimental articles, and information on the activities of the Scientific and Public Health Society of Epidemiologists, Microbiologists and Parasitologists of Russia.
Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Journal of Molecular Microbiology and Biotechnology is a peer-reviewed journal from Horizon Scientific Press.
Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology
- Bi-yearly journal publishing peer-reviewed research papers reporting original work on all microorganisms, including viruses.
Journal of Virology
- American Society for Microbiology journal which covers all aspects of virology
- This journal publishes original contributions, mini-reviews, and notes on molecular and cellular mechanisms in infectious disease. It covers infectious agents of bacterial, fungal, viral, and protozoal origin.
Microbiology and Molecular Biology Reviews
- Formerly Microbiological Reviews, this journal continues to be recognized as the definitive, broad-based review journal in the expanding disciplines of microbiology, immunology, and molecular and cellular biology. Fulltext articles accessible for free after one year
- Publishes research articles reporting the results of molecular studies of eukaryotic microorganisms and of prokaryotes (bacteria and archaea) and their viruses.
- It publishes original papers on all aspects of parasitology and host-parasite relationships in the context of the medical, veterinary and biological sciences.
- Open-access journal publishing peer-reviewed papers on bacteria, fungi, parasites, prions and viruses that contribute to understanding the biology of pathogens and their interactions with their hosts.
PLoS: Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Open-access, peer reviewed journal devoted to the pathology, epidemiology, prevention, treatment and control of tropical infections. Includes current issue, archives, guidelines for readers, reviewers and authors.
Reviews in Medical Microbiology
- Journal of the Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Covering developments and techniques in medical microbiology, virology, mycology, parasitology, clinical microbiology, and hospital infection.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, January 2, 2007 5:57:07 PM EST -