become an editor
the entire directory
only in Microbiology/Protistology
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Protista
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Micropaleontology
British Section Society of Protozoologists
- Promotes the study, teaching and dissemination of all aspects of protozoology; provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of results obtained from original research and for an exchange of information on experimental design and techniques; encourages developing and novel aspects of protozoology.
British Society of Protist Biology
- Provides information on the Society, its meetings, news, newsletter and membership.
Culture Collection of Algae and Protozoa
- Maintains a collection of over 2000 strains of algae and protozoa.
Introduction to the Ciliata
- A brief description of the ciliate protozoans.
The Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology Home Page
- Features original research on protists, including lower algae and fungi. Articles are published covering various aspects of these organisms, including their behavior, biochemistry, cell biology, chemotherapy, development, ecology, evolution, genetics, molecular biology, morphogenetics, parasitology, systematics, and ultrastructure.
Lacrymaria olor: Tear of a Swan
- Article about this fascinating protozoan from Micscape magazine, with a movie of Lacrymaria olor in action.
Mr Carl's e-Class: Protists
- A brief introduction to these eukaryotes including animal-like, fungus-like and plant-like protists.
- Shells, tests, gelatinous envelopes and other protozoan body coverings are discussed in this article from Micscape.
- Images of the water-borne parasites Cryptosporidium parvum, Entamoeba histolytica, and Giardia lamblia.
Sarcodina: Chaos (Pelomyxa) Carolinensis
- An article about observing this large amoeba.
- Personal site on research in ecology of marine protists (dinoflagellates) including protistan parasites in planktonic copepods.
Society of Protistologists
- International association of scientists devoted to research on single-celled eukaryotes or protists. Provides information on membership, meetings and the publication, the Journal of Eukaryotic Microbiology.
Volvox: a beautiful microscopic life-form
- Stunning photographs and video clips, and a description of Volvox, can be seen in this article by Maurice Smith and Ken Jones from Micscape Magazine.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 13, 2014 at 11:35:43 UTC -