the entire directory
only in Biology/Microbiology
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Microbiology
Meetings and Conferences
News and Media
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Infectious Diseases
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Infectious Diseases
Health: Public Health and Safety: Epidemiology: Infectious Diseases
Science: Biology: Botany
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna
Science: Biology: Immunology
Science: Biology: Methods and Techniques: Microscopy
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Micropaleontology
This category in other languages:
A Review on Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase
- A constantly updated review on Escherichia coli adenylate cyclase with references and graphics. Also, a section "Oldies but Goldies" to be updated and focusing on classic literature in Microbiology.
- A great place for biology science teachers. Contains current science news items, teachers exchange, hundreds of science labs and educational resources.
Affiliated Medical Services Laboratory, Inc.
- AMS is a regional clinical reference laboratory serving physicians, clinics, hospitals, government and industry. Specialties include cytology, microbiology, hematology, chemistry, drug screening and toxicology.
Bad Bug Book
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's handbook which provides basic facts regarding foodborne pathogenic microorganisms and natural toxins.
Bugs in the News
- John (Jack) C. Brown from the University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas has created great microbiology site. It includes a "What the Heck is?", a general interest, and other bug bytes sections.
- Good general microbiology information, with images and videos.
EPA Microbiology Page
- This site contains microbiology-related information that has been developed by the Environmental Protection Agency. Image gallery of various parasites and viruses.
International Union of Microbiological Societies
- Aims to promote the study of microbiological sciences internationally and the open exchange of scientific information, coordinate research and disseminate the results of international conferences and meetings.
Laboratoire de Microbiologie et Biochime Appliquée
- LMBA is a microbiological laboratory in France where research focuses on the study of the mode of action of the probiotic bacteria, Bacillus and Lactobacillus. In French and English.
- Do you know that the luminous bacteria exist ? On these pages you will find short characteristic of these strange organisms and some photos.
- Dr Neal Chamberlain provides information on the microorganisms that cause diseases in humans. Lecture notes, laboratory notebook, computerized clinical cases, and most common causes of infectious diseases file.
- Syllabus for a course at Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, with scientific and medical information on many disease causing organisms.
MicroAngela's Electron Microscope Image Gallery
- Annotated and colorized images of insects and bacteria.
- Contains visual and curricular resources of use to teachers of microbiology.
- Student-initiated community resource on microbes and microbiology, including material on bacteria, archaea, eukaryotic microbes, viruses, bacteriophages, microbiology in the news, and common errors and controversies in the field.
Microbeworld: Your Gateway to the World of Microbes
- A place to view colorful images of microbes, read intriguing microbial facts and trivia, get educational resources and activities, and learn more about these fascinating microscopic creatures.
- Guide with a wealth of data usable by microbiology students and researchers. Includes a bacteria identification handbook, resources, blogs and forum.
Microbiology at Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
- This site contains data on antimicrobial resistance in Canada, the incidence of serious disease due to Streptococcus pneumoniae and group A streptococcus, sample clinical microbiology lab manuals, and microbiology and infectious diseases information for professionals and the public.
- Blog providing descriptions of microbiology based techniques and protocols.
- Blog with breaking news about microbiology and tutorials in industrial microbiology, targeted to pharmaceutical microbiology labs.
- A medical microbiology/infectious diseases site produced by Mount Sinai Hospital and Toronto Medical Laboratories. It contains current infectious disease news, a mycology image gallery, bug of the month, tech teasers, and an online lab manual.
Name that Bug!
- A fun bacterial identification exercise.
National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases
- NCID conducts surveillance, epidemic investigations, epidemiological and laboratory research, training, and public education programs to develop, evaluate, and promote prevention and control strategies for infectious diseases - division of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
NIH: Grants & Funding Opportunities
- Grants and Funding Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health
- A Frontline/PBS collaborative that details how viruses and bacteria have been developed/used as bioweapons and the history of bioweapons.
The Potential of Oxalate-degrading Bacteria in Plant Protection
- Information on research by Henk-Jan Schoonbeek, Francesca Stefanato, Stephane Hess Carolina Buitrago, Eliane Abou Mansour and Jean-Pierre Métraux.
- Provides information on public health, infectious disease profiles, mycology, virology, parasitology, mycobacteriology, bacteriology and environmental health.
- Bacteria dedicated site. Contains microscopy images, movies about bacteriology techniques, articles,culture media recipes & ABIS 6 online - bacteria identification software.
Ron's Pond Scum
- Microscopic images of fresh water microlife. Images and descriptive text not limited to Paramecium, Amoeba, Stentor, Vorticella or Daphnia.
Tetracycline and MLS Antibiotic Nomenclature
- Latest information on the Tetracycline and Macrolide-Lincosamide-Streptogramin (MLS) antibiotic resistance genes and their structure.
- Musings on the world of microbiology, with a focus on actinomycetes, a group of bacteria, and the biosynthesis of natural products of pharmaceutical interest such as antibiotics and antitumor drugs.
Types of Microscopes
- Videos and images of microorganisms and information about different types of microscopes.
University of Minnesota Crookston: Biology
- Describes the programs and requirements, faculty and staff.
Virtual Museum of Bacteria
- The museum provides information for the general public on all aspects of bacteria with integrated hyper links to over 250 relevant sites. Annotated lists of links are also provided for professional microbiologists
- Researchers at the Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, have studied these gramnegative aerobic chemo-organotrophic bacteria.
Usenet bionet.microbiology -
Usenet bionet.microbiology.biofilms -
Usenet bionet.virology -
Usenet ntu.med.microbiology -
Usenet sci.bio.microbiology -
Usenet sci.med -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:15:08 AM EDT -