the entire directory
only in Biology/History
Society: History: By Topic: Science
This category in other languages:
Biographies of Biologists
- Alphabetical list of biologists' and paleontologists' biographies maintained by the University of California Museum of Paleontology.
- Variety of resources for teaching the history of biotechnology, including timelines, biographies, and stories.
Evolution of Evolution
- Essay on the interaction of human history, including women's history, and the development of evolution theory.
Evolution: Selected Papers and Commentary
- Full-text versions of key papers in evolutionary biology from the nineteenth century onwards, with particular emphasis on the work of William Bateson and Darwin's close research associate, George Romanes.
- Miscellany, reference information and research concerning the history of botany.
The History of Evolution
- Not just the historical aspects of evolution, but also the evolution of all species.
International Society for the History, Philosophy, and Social Studies of Biology (ISHPSSB)
- The Society sponsors an annual meeting, a listserv, and semiannual newsletters, and offers educational resources and a beginner's guide for research in the history of biology.
Journal of the History of Biology
- Devoted to the history of the biological sciences, with additional interest and concern in philosophical and social issues confronting biology. Table of contents, author instructions, and subscription information.
- An informal and incomplete guide to the history of evolutionary biology from about 1800 to about 1950. Its main emphases are on the late 19th century and on paleontology.
Life Sciences in the Twentieth Century
- History of Science Society newsletter article, by Garland Allen, 1997.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2015 at 13:54:09 UTC -