become an editor
the entire directory
only in Software/Quantitative_Genetics
Agriculture Business Research Institute
- ABRI provides recording systems for all species of commercial livestock. Software offered include Dairy Express, Saltbush and Breedplan.
- Statistical software designed for fitting mixed models for large datasets. Contains commented code for univariate and multivariate analysis including longitudinal and spatial analysis.
Big Bench Software
- Commercial software for the management of transgenic mouse colonies. Windows and Mac OS X. Demo version available.
- Explore possible selection outcomes when goals (desired gains) are set for traits. This free WIN program is also contained in GENUP.
- Graphically represents the effect of genetic drift on gene frequency of one or more populations for a single locus, two allele model in a closed population using stochastic simulation methods. The DOS program is free.
Finnish Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding
- Links to population and quantitative genetic software of interest in tree improvement, but also useful in other species.
- This Virginia, USA company provides software (GeneFlow, SynerGene, QTLlocate) and services oriented towards plant breeding. Website does not give prices or operating systems supported.
- Free software to assist learning quantitative genetic concepts (animal breeding) for WIN.
- Animal breeding oriented programs for sparse matrix multiple trait REML and BLUP. Fortran source is free for research use.
Laboratory of Plant Breeding, Wageningen
- Offers free downloadable genetics and plant breeding related software.
- Freeware record keeping system designed for a breeding colony of transgenic mice. Includes program description, system requirements, and installation instructions.
Locus Technology, Inc
- Colony management, supports creation and tracking of research animals and for transgenic and congenic lines, knockouts and outbred strains.
- Software for selective mapping and bin mapping. Windows version, documentation and references are available for download.
- Unique display and examination tool for large pedigrees, with inbreeding and genetic merit data also. Free WIN program.
- Software that models population genetics with emphasis on genetic drift, selection, and migration. Windows 95.
- Set of statistical methods for discrete genetic data analysis, designed especially for microsatellite data analysis. Includes downloadable versions for Windows.
- Supply pedigree drawing and genetic data management software for genetic research with a built-in customizable relational database.
Quantitative Genetics Resources
- List of resources with links to programs and notes on a range of subjects including animal and plant breeding, and evolutionary and human genetics.
R/qtl: A QTL Mapping Environment
- Program for mapping quantitative trait loci in experimental crosses. Includes sample graphics and tutorial in pdf format.
- Groeneveld's Variance Component Estimation software was developed for animal breeding problems. WIN and UNIX versions are free for research use. PEST documentation is also available here.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 2, 2015 at 20:16:24 UTC -