become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/Software
Open Directory - Science: Biology: Genetics: Software
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Computers: Artificial Intelligence: Genetic Programming
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics
Science: Biology: Software
- Database system to build and publish synonymised checklists of species. Species descriptions include pre-established fields and detailed descriptions employing any number of user-defined fields.
Binary State Pattern Clustering
- BSPC is a method for pattern discovery in gene expression microarray data, that makes use of a perspective that interprets gene activity as being in two or more discrete functional states.
BioConstructor Molecular Cloning Software
- BioConstructor is a bioinformatics solution focussing on molecular cloning. Runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux.
Broad Institute Genetics Software
- Offers a wide range of software for genome sequence analysis, genetic variation, linkage analysis, expression analysis, and PCR primer selection.
- Open source image analysis software designed for biologists without training in computer vision or programming to quantitatively measure phenotypes from thousands of images automatically.
CounterTrace II DNA Sequencing
- Software and reagent for improving the quality and read length of DNA sequence traces collected on the ABI 3730 DNA sequencer.
CREME: Cis-REgulatory Module Explorer
- Identifies modules of putative transcription factor binding sites that are specific to promoters of co-expressed human genes. Provides a resource for decoding microarray experiments.
Gene Array Analyzer Software
- Software for the efficient management, analysis and visualization of large amounts of gene expression data.
Gene Expression Open Source System
- Open source database and analysis package used to store and analyze gene expression data. Includes microarray center workflow management, and researcher tools to analyze final data.
- Web-based microarray analysis system that combines data management and analytical functions with integrated, current gene annotation from public databases. Product overview in pdf format.
Genetic Linkage Analysis
- Offers links and other resources for genetic analysis software from the Rockefeller University.
Genetic Network Maps as Java Applets
- Genetic networks controlling development in Sea Urchin represented as Java applets. Formal scheme. Molecular interactions modelled as Petri Net.
- GPL software for viewing and editing DNA and amino acid sequences. Integrated alignment, PCR, BLAST searches, and shared databases. Windows version is available for download (English and German).
Hands on Genetics
- Instructional software for basic genetics, such as DNA, PCR, Mendel, Hardy-Weinberg, meiosis and computer simulations. Freeware for Mac and Windows.
HyPhy: Hypothesis Testing Using Phylogenies
- Free multiplatform software package intended to perform maximum likelihood analyses of genetic sequence data.
- Program that draws chromosome maps (as EMF files) using the output of MapMaker EXP. Delphi source code is freely available upon request. The software is available under the MIT licence.
MuStaR Sequence Variant Database Software
- Designed to create a database of mutation loci, to make this information available to as many people as possible. No longer being maintained.
- Software to automatically detect mutations from DNA sequence data, including homozygous, heterozygous, insertion and deletion.
- OpenBiomind is an open source toolkit for analysis of gene expression, SNP and other biological datasets using advanced machine learning and pattern mining techniques, and includes traditional clustering, hybrid clustering, and other techniques.
- Software for base and quality scoring ABI DNA sequencing traces. Works with all ABI DNA sequencers including the ABI 377, ABI 310, ABI 3700, ABI 3100, ABI 3130 and ABI 3730.
- Software company developing user friendly tools for the molecular genetics community. Provides details of products, R and D collaborations and news.
- Supply pedigree drawing and genetic data management software for genetic research with a built-in customizable relational database.
- A software application for visualizing genomic data. Can be used to analyze and display relations between complete genomes, genomic fragments, proteins, ESTs, full length cDNAs, and gene expression data.
Random Genetic Optimization
- Genetic algorithms are a new approach to modeling based on the evolution theory in biology and use concepts such as population, descendant, parents, mutations, chromosomes, genes, etc.
- Free Windows software tool for the analysis of DNA and RNA sequences. It includes several sequence statistics and a comprehensive set of signal search methods.
The Sequence Manipulation Suite
- Open-source program, provided by Davis' Veterinary Genetics Lab at the University of California, to automate or speed up the analysis of DNA fragment length polymorphism samples.
- Commercial Windows software for visualization and annotation of genomic data.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2012 at 19:05:05 UTC -