become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Biology: Research Groups and Centers
This category in other languages:
- Studying the genes regulating ageing. Model organisms include yeast, C. elegans, mice, and humans. Includes a listing of publications and protocols available for download. Located at MIT, Massachusetts.
The Bauer Center for Genomics Research
- An interdepartmental initiative at Harvard University to find general principles that help to explain the structure, behavior, and evolution of cells and organisms. Site features research profiles, job and undergraduate opportunities, and publications.
Biomedicum Helsinki: Genome-Scale Biology
- Undertakes genome-scale, high-throughput biological research and its translation into medical benefits. Located in the University of Helsinki, Finland.
Breeding and Genetics Dept: Sugar Crops Research Institute
- Dr Khaled A. M. Khaled provides his CV and information on the research being carried out at the Institute on sugar cane, sugar beet and sweet sorghum.
- A collaboration of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Harvard University. Focused on genetic research in the areas of cancer, genome biology, human disease and computational biology.
The Chen Laboratory: University of Texas at Austin
- Studies the mechanisms and evolution of polyploidy and genome function. Polyploidy can be found throughout the evolutionary history of all eukaryotes, including many plants and some animals.
- Developing more sensitive and rapid molecular cytogenetic analyses for use in human clinical cytogenetics. Part of the Dept. of Clinical Genetics, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Department of Genetics at Harvard Medical School
- Undertake biomedical research in computational, chromosomal, and developmental genetics. Information of courses, software, hardware, people, and related links.
Division of Genetic Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Homepage of Division of Genetic Medicine. Describes bioinformatic techniques being used, current research projects and faculty, current job openings.
Division of Molecular Genetics
- Columbia University Medical Center, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Molecular Genetics. Main research focus is on obesity and type II diabetes.
The European Nutrigenomics Organisation
- Network for integrating nutritional genomics researchers. EU funded.
Evolutionary Genetics Group, Groningen University
- Focuses on evolutionary genetics questions, in particular, how genetic structure and variation affect evolutionary and ecological processes. Features staff profiles, publications, and education opportunities. Located in Haren, The Netherlands
- Facilities, seminars and interdisciplinary research, which aims to gain mechanistic insight into the function of cells and organisms in normal and pathological states, at the University of Munich, Germany.
Genetic Information Research Institute
- Promotes original peer-reviewed, public domain research on genetic information. Includes a database of prototypic sequences and a monthly journal, both requiring registration.
Genetics of Mental Retardation and Cortical Malformations
- Research group located in Marseille, France. Studying mental retardation and cortical malformations.
- One of five regional centres of Genome Canada. A not-for-profit corporation promoting genomics research in Canada.
Genome Bioinformatics Research Laboratory
- Focuses on the gene regulation and bioinformatics. Site features research, resources and data sets, courses and seminars and publications. Located in Spain.
Genome Biology at UTA
- Information about the genome biology group at University of Texas at Arlington.
The Genome Center: Washington University
- Research is focused on the large scale generation and analysis of the human genome sequence, and also the sequencing of the genomes of other species.
Genome Institute Of Singapore
- Research institute focused on technology, genetics and biology towards the goal of individualized medicine. Links to publications, research areas, and job opportunities.
The Histone Code
- The Judd Rice Lab at USC, California, is studying the molecular pathways that establish various histone codes and elucidate their roles in human development and disease. Includes publications and protocols for download.
International Center for Public Health - Center for Applied Genomics
- Research in biology and medicine using novel functional genomic approaches including the application and further development of DNA microarray technology.
Kazusa DNA Research Institute
- Undertakes large scale DNA sequencing projects. Features organization and staff, research projects, databases, and related links. Located in Japan.
National Gene Vector Biorepository
- A resource for academic investigators and others conducting gene therapy research focused on the four areas of archiving services, insertional site analysis, pharmacology and toxicology resources, and a reagent repository.
Stanford Medical Genetics
- Provides information on the labs and the research being undertaken in each, with details of courses, students and staff.
Translational Genomics Research Institute
- Non profit organisation which aims to translate genomic discoveries into advances in human health. Located in Arizona, USA.
University of Wisconsin Laboratory of Genetics
- Features graduate programs, courses, faculty, research, and staff profiles.
The University of Oklahoma's Advanced Center for Genome Technology
- Contains methods, protocols and data for human, mouse, bacterial, and fungal genomic and cDNA sequencing projects
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Undertakes genome research involving large scale sequencing and analysis. Includes databases and career information.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 16, 2015 at 11:05:08 UTC -