become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/People
Avery, Oswald Theodore
Hershey, Alfred Day
Morgan, Thomas Hunt
Nirenberg, Marshall W
Sturtevant, Alfred Henry
Sutton, Walter S.
Von Tschermak, Erich
Vries, Hugo de
Watson, James Dewey
BBC Desert Island Discs: Professor Hugh Montgomery
- Kirsty Young talks to intensive care specialist Prof Hugh Montgomery.
Beadle, Tatum, and Lederberg
- Provides details of the Nobel prize awarded in 1958 for their discovery that genes act by regulating definite chemical events. Includes lectures and biography.
- Article discusses the four rules on DNA base composition now shown to be fundamental to the understanding of the structure and function of DNA.
Colin Munroe MacLeod
- Full text facsimile of Biographical Memoirs by Walsh McDermott. Requires Adobe Acrobat to view. [PDF]
Crick, Watson, and Wilson
- Provides biographies and transcripts of the Nobel lectures given when awarded the prize for their discoveries concerning the molecular structure of nucleic acids.
Fred Griffith: Genetic Transformation: a Retrospective Appreciation
- Facsimile of the first memorial lecture given by W.Hayes. Requires Adobe Acrobat to view. [PDF]
George Wells Beadle
- Guide to the collection of papers held at the California Institute of Technology . Includes descriptive summary, collection history, and biography.
- Visiting associate faculty in the division of biology at Caltech. Provides details of publications which include the book: Computational Modeling of Gene Regulatory Networks: A Primer.
Hermann Joseph Muller
- Provides information on the Nobel prize awarded in 1946 for the discovery of the production of mutations by means of X-ray irradiation. Includes lecture and biography.
Holley, Khorana, and Nirenberg.
- Provides details of the 1968 Nobel prize awarded for their interpretation of the genetic code and its function in protein synthesis. Includes lectures and biography.
Kay E Davies
- Research at the MRC Functional Genomics Unit at Oxford University is focused on the understanding of muscle disease, movement and behavioural disorders, particularly Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Maurice Wilkins - DNA Enabler
- Illustrated article describes his life and achievements.
Nettie Maria Stevens
- Short biography, portrait, and related links.
Ochoa and Kornberg
- Details the Nobel prize awarded in 1959 for their discovery of the mechanisms in the biological synthesis of ribonucleic acid and deoxyribonucleic acid. Includes lectures and biography.
Sutton and Boveri
- Study which attempts to elucidate the meaning of the chromosome hypothesis based on the original scientific works, taking into account the scientific context of that time. Text available for download in pdf format.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 30, 2014 at 10:57:41 UTC -