become an editor
the entire directory
only in Genetics/History
Science: Biology: History
- A brief history of biotech discoveries which continue to influence the field today. Features essays on genetics and DNA research, and profiles of some of the influential individuals.
DNA and Molecular Genetics
- Traces the history of the discoveries relating to DNA and inheritance. Includes diagrams and links to related resources.
The Embryological Origins of the Gene Theory
- Paper by Scott F. Gilbert which discusses the emergence of the gene theory out of embryology based on the research of Wilson, Boveri, and Morgan.
Foundations of Classical Genetics
- Features a collection of publications, that can be browsed by author, by title, or by date of publication. Also includes a comparative timeline.
History of Genetics
- Course taught at Dartmouth College; includes links to biographical essays, online papers, and other resources, including eugenics and genome projects.
History of Genetics Timeline
- Timeline of major events. Includes dates, the discovery, and the scientist .
History of the Human Genome Project
- Details about the U.S. Human Genome Project including its goals, history and progress with links to key documents, publications, a timeline, and Project contacts.
Landmarks in the History of Genetics: Can Matter Store Active Information?
- Includes dates, events, theoretical implications, and related links.
- Educational resource for teachers and students interested in the origins of classical genetics, introductory data analysis, elementary plant science, and the history and literature of science.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2012 at 6:54:03 UTC -